Greenies? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Greenies?

You know those mint greenies they have for dogs? Sakura, my bunny, seems to like them and I was wondering if they're ok for her?

See, I was cleaning out my purse and I have an emergency greenie in there (lol, don't ask) so I took it out and Sakura ran over and started chewing on it o_o.

She can't actually get pieces out so I think it's ok. She mostly nibbles and licks it.

I checked the ingredients and I don't see anything bad...but I figured I should post.

And if she can't have them, does anyone know of any mint-flavored things for rabbits?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

The food I buy from Pets at home has a mint flavour to it, hope that helps Steph?

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebunny
The food I buy from Pets at home has a mint flavour to it, hope that helps Steph?
Then do you think it should be ok?

Sounds like a food she'd love, except I'm in the US.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cant see why not... Have you checked to see if they sell it at Petsmart?

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebunny
Cant see why not... Have you checked to see if they sell it at Petsmart?
We don't have a Petsmart nearby. But we do have a PetCo so maybe I'll check there. What's the brand?

~Stephanie

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Its Pets at homes own brand, but over here they used to be Petsmart!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Curmudgeon

There's nothing in Greenies that I can see that would hurt a rabbit. The ingredients are:
Quote:
Processed wheat gluten, glycerin, natural flavor, powdered cellulose fiber, monosodium phosphate, monoglycerides of edible fatty acids, magnesium stearate, chlorophyll
However, they are pretty high in protein (greater than 52%). That is definitely not good news for a rabbit's kidneys.

As long as she is just chewing and licking on it, I wouldn't worry, but if she's ingesting it, I would probably limit the amount she gets. That much protein isn't good for her.

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygala
There's nothing in Greenies that I can see that would hurt a rabbit. The ingredients are:

However, they are pretty high in protein (greater than 52%). That is definitely not good news for a rabbit's kidneys.

As long as she is just chewing and licking on it, I wouldn't worry, but if she's ingesting it, I would probably limit the amount she gets. That much protein isn't good for her.

Bob
Thanks . Yeah, she can't get pieces off. I know the other rabbits probably would so I won't let them have it.

~Stephanie

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Rabbits love just chewing and licking things without eating them. I'm sure that's just what Sakura is doing, what bunny doesn't want minty fresh breath?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Rabbits love just chewing and licking things without eating them. I'm sure that's just what Sakura is doing, what bunny doesn't want minty fresh breath?
I should invent bunny breath mints.

~Stephanie

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
, ...what bunny doesn't want minty fresh breath?
It's only because they keep getting kissed by you Natalie...

Bob

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Checks Out PD 'Cheeky Bits'!

I don't know about bunnies but my dogs love greenies and I have seen them being advertised for rats on a rattie online store.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 09:31 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

"Greenies" is usually the name given to "speed", amphetamines, a drug!

My rabbit loves the "green things" in Hartz Puffed Hamster and Gerbil food - round crunchy things.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2005, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zouave
"Greenies" is usually the name given to "speed", amphetamines, a drug!

My rabbit loves the "green things" in Hartz Puffed Hamster and Gerbil food - round crunchy things.
lol, around here we don't call speed that, I guess.

Greenies are mint-flavored dog chews that are shaped like toothbrushes.

~Stephanie

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

they have greenies for rabbits, ferrets, hamsters, rats, etc now. its called something like
tiny bits
i would love to try it with my bunny but i want to learn more about them. i have seen them at the store. they are TINY! look great for training, etc