Guess what I'm getting? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Guess what I'm getting?

Looks like I'm getting another rabbit! A friend of a friend had gotten a lop for her boyfriend and he isn't taking care of it...now she's asked me to take it! Not sure if it's male or female yet, but it's bigger than Lucky Jack and some kind of Lop. It will be spayed or neutered and I'm thinking of putting it in with Lucky Jack in his huge cage. So, I will need introduction advice once he/she is spayed/neutered. How easy is intros of rabbits and if they are both fixed, how well would a fixed male/female or male/male get along? She says it isn't much bigger than Lucky but it is bigger (Lucky is a Netherland Dwarf) Someone has to help him get through his 25 lbs of feed!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Congratulations on your new addition!

In order to successfully introduce your two bunnies you need to put the new bunny in another cage for a few weeks, to make sure she's healthy. Then put her in the same room as Lucky Jack, and slowly move the cage closer everyday or so. Eventually you'll have the two cages right next to each other. When the two know each other's scent, take them both out on a neutral ground and see if they fight, if they don't keep repeating the process until they're totally comfortable with eachother. Then, you could try putting the two in the same cage for a while. Take the bunny out, and lengthen the time the two are in the same cage until they're in the same cage permanently. If there are any fights, just keep trying. Some bunnies, however, are just not meant to be friends, although that is probably going to be the case with yours.
That bunny is so lucky to be going to you and Lucky Jack!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Thanks! So pretty much the same way you would quarentine and then introduce new chins...I can handle that It will come with it's own cage, and I also have an extra one (Lucky's old one that he came with) so extra cages are kind of abundent around here. Thanks for the advice and if anyone else have other tricks of the trade, please share!
I still have to tell Shane I'm sure he'll be fine with it though!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

No prob!

LoL! Bunnies are too cute to resist! No one can say no.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

LOL! I only agreed to take it because we have that really big cage so if they get along, it can be a nice buddy for Lucky. He's pretty laid back, so I'm not anticipating any problems, but if it doesn't work out for the two of them together, I guess Shane will be welding another rabbit cage together!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

And if he won't, I guess you'll be the one welding!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

nah, I just use my womanly charms on his friends who know how to weld

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That works too!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

I ran into the friend of the friend who had gotten the bunny for her boyfriend. Amy said it is a male Lop but was unsure of the exact breed...he's black and white, almost 2 years old, and very friendly. Her boyfriend didn't have time for it, so she took the bun to her apartment meaning to just keep him there. Well, last week she got a letter from the landlord stating she had 30 days to get rid of the rabbit or face a fine of $150.00 per day thereafter for every day she had him there! Clearly, she can't afford that. So, I talked to Shane and tomorrow, "Dutchie" is coming here to live! He isn't neutered so I'll have to make an appointment at the vet, but all is good! Pics tomorrow!!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Yay! I can't wait for the pics!!!

Tags
lucky jack, netherland dwarf, rabbit cage