Hair, hair, more hair!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Hair, hair, more hair!!

Ok so, I haven't been on in a long time. I don't know if I posted this but my surgery went well and the whole Ruby thing is fine. We are actually closer because of all the extra time I got to spend with her. My mom felt bad that I couldn't go outside and take care of her (and she got sick of taking care of her) so we moved her inside =D

My happiness is uncontainable. Ruby has been in for about a month but now she is starting to lose a lot of hair. Now, I remember they molt or whatever when the seasons change outside, is the temperature change from cold to warm? She's also sitting somewhat close to a heater, not right up against it but there is about three feet between her and the heater.

New pictures to come. Thanks if you read all of this.
Good to be back!

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back! I'm glad your surgery went well and that Ruby is doing well too. That's great that you were able to move her inside!

To answer your question - yes, any change in temperature can trigger them to shed. When I moved Barnaby to the new apartment, it was much cooler here then the old place, and he started shedding like crazy. It should die down once she finishes shedding and gets use to the new temperatures.

I'm looking forward to seeing new pictures of her!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

It's great that Ruby is inside now and that your surgery went well.
I am sure you are both much happier with her inside. We adopted Penelope in March and not too long after we got her she had a MAJOR molt. It was crazy. She had bald spots. I think her was from the temperature change and just the changes she had gone through.
Keep an eye on her and brush her often so that she doesn't ingest the fur.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Betta Bomb

WELCOME BACK!! I was thinking about you the other day-and Im glad little Ruby is all snuggled up inside. Congrats on your surgery going well, back surgry thoughts always make my spine crawl but Im super glad your ok!!
I think the sheddnig shouls subside in a while since she's used to being outside and now she lives by a heater !! Pics please! I can't get enough of your cute lil' lopp!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Thanks, guys.

I just didn't want to think it was temperature change and it really not be. But like DragonRain said, its died down a little. There was a big chunk a few days ago but I've only seen little bits lately.

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

Tags
ruby