Happy 1st gotcha day to Berry and Ziggy! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Happy 1st gotcha day to Berry and Ziggy!

Today is the one year anniversery of the day that Berry and Ziggy came to live with me. It's been a very fast year! Both of them have birthdays coming up soon too that means. Berry will be 3 on March 1st (estimated) and Ziggy will be 3 on April 1st.

Berry almost didn't make it to a year. A week from yesterday I found her limp in the litter box and rushed her to the vets. We thought for sure she wasn't going to make it. After 5 days at the vets, she was able to come back home. After doing just about every type of test imagionable, the vets think that she had what amounts to a stroke. But she is back home now, eating on her own, and getting around well. She seems happy.

Here are some pictures I took of Berry and Ziggy a couple of weeks ago...

And some of Barnaby because he's so cute...

Sorry they're all in black and white. I like black and white photos, and had just discovered how to take them right from my camra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
the rodent lover<3

Yay! Happy Anniversary buns! Me and Ziggy have the same birthday..
That's sad about Berry, but it's good he pulled through
For the record, I LOVE Barnaby's little face (:

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks Berry is a she! She's the only girl bunny I've ever had.

I have a few colored pictures that I took this morning, but they arn't too good.

Here is what the cage looks like now. All three levels connect to make one gaint cage normally, but while Berry was at the vet Ziggy and Barnaby got into a fight, so I had to seperate everyone. It's been tough dealing with Berry on top of trying to work out seperate free range times for the boys. Before all this, they where all bonded and had free range of the room, so they arn't really use to being caged. I am working on getting at least Berry and Ziggy back to living together, and then I'll see about what to do about Barnaby. I don't like anybunny being alone. But for now, Barnaby is on the bottom, Berry is in the middle, and Ziggy is up top.

Barnaby, in color! His nose is healing up well

One of Berry...She looked kind of bad in her other pictures so I'll just share this one.

And Zigs...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:28 AM
the rodent lover&lt;3

lol, oopsies about the gender confusion !

my name is Jonni,
i'm weird for making my username
Angelica

~ one Betta, unnamed as of now ~
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
is a little "special"

Happy Gotcha Day!!!!! Im guessing that they are no longer fosters?
Awww, poor Berry! Give her some hugs and kissed from Smudge and me!
Does she have any lasting effects from her stroke, or is she back to normal?

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Betta Bomb

Aww poor Berry-bun!! Glad shes ok! All the best in bonding them all up again... I figured they'd be bonded for life but you have to re-introduce them?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

No, they haven't been fosters for a long time now. I adopted them pretty quickly after they got here.

Berry's not 100% back to normal, but she has made a lot of progress compared to when I found her. 3 times a day I have to give her "bunny physical therapy", which she seems to enjoy and seems to be helping a bit. It's her front legs that where affected, more on one side than the other. She can hold herself up pretty well now and is getting around pretty well. For a few days last week she couldn't move her front legs and couldn't lift her head. So all things considered, she has made huge progress so far.

Unfortuantly yes, bonds can break. I didn't take either of the boys to the vet with Berry and that changed the dynamics of the group as well as stressing them out. Ziggy and Barnaby got in a little fight and now Barnaby seems to be holding a grudge about it. I am most likly going to be putting Ziggy and Berry back together soon, and giving Barnaby some time to see if he'll forgive and forget about the fight. This is partially why they say if you have a bonded pair, you should bring them both to the vet together if something happens. But I honnestly didn't think Berry was going to make it, so decided to leave the boys at home and spare them the stress of traveling. Oh well...honnestly having to split them up was the least of my problems when I did it. I'm just really glad that Berry is still here with us.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Betta Bomb

Oh wow. All the blessing for a speedy recovery
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you She is doing well still. I hope she recovers enough that she can do binkies again!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Adolescent Pup

Happy Anniversary!!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you!