Happy bunny???? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Happy bunny????

Ive had my holland lop rabbit for about 4 weeks now. I think he's about to be 10 weeks old and I was wondering how I can tell hes happy.

I keep his cage open all day. He doesn't come out of the room that his cage is in. And he likes to spend time under the bed in the room. But he runs around really fast while hopping. I think it's binkies. And he plays with his toys. Eats from my hands. But I dont think he likes for people to pet him. When I'm cleaning his cage he's always right next to me seeing what I'm doing. And most of the time he's laying on his side or stretched out on his belly. I did see him one morning laying on his back with his feet up.

This is my first time owning a rabbit. So I just wanted to make sure he was happy and felt safe with me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Also at night he chews on the cage wires. I make sure he has food and toys and stuff in his cage before I go to sleep. But he still does it anyways
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

he sounds pretty happy and like the normal bunny to me so i think your doing a good job as for the chewing does he have anything he can chew on in his cage ? this might help with the cage chewing

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Yes. He has salt rock wheels and chew toys. But he'd rather chew on his cage. I guess he's trying to tell me he wants out !

Tags
happy bunny