Hello all - First time Flemish Giant owner here - Page 3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
No offense, but I would never go to a breeder to get a specific breed of any animal. By doing that, you're just encouraging more breeding of already overpopulated species. If you want to adopt another bunny, there are plenty in shelters that could use a good home before the shelters kill them. I can even recommend a specific shelter in West Palm Beach that I know has bunnies, though I don't know where in Florida you are, so that may be a bit far for you.

--Fromper

I got my first 2 bunnies from out pet store and I now have realized that I don't want to do that anymore! I just don't know about shelters here that have them!

I am not really that close to West Palm Beach! That is the other coast! I live in the Tampa Bay Area!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Adolescent Pup

Here's the web site of the Tampa Bay branch of the House Rabbit Society:

http://www.tampabayhrs.org/

--Fromper
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

You can find every type of rabbit in shelters too! Large rabbits are very common in shelters because often people don't relize how big they'll get when they get them as tiny little babies. But serously, I've seen some of the cutest rabbits in shelters, all sizes and colors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM

Thank you Fromper and Dragon! I will be looking at that site Fromper! I think that I want to go and help out at the shelters! That is just soooo much fun!
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:10 PM

WOW!

OMG he is huge....but what a gorgeous bunny! Congrats
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Zippy Chickenshorts

OMG I'm sooooooo jelious!!!!!! I really want a giant flemish rabbit!!! Ahhhrr LOL, Anyway, congrats on the new rabbit he looks so sweet and big and cuddly!!
Have fun with him LOL
x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pipi my hamster

Rayray
Chico-Rico
Cappuccino my ratties

RIP Arthur 10/04/08-22/11/09
RIP Pepper 13/01/08-15/03/10
RIP Husky 10/04/09-20/03/10
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Part of the Pack

How is the big guy doing?
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybunny View Post
How is the big guy doing?

He's doing really well, thanks! He's like a combination between a puppy and a giant teddy bear. He hops all over the house and sleeps behind my husbands easy chair. He comes and sits right on my feet when he wants me to pet him - so there is no escape lol.

He's so awesome - I'm really really happy we adopted him. Even my husband (whose first reaction was "What in the **** kind of mutant rabbit did you bring home?!?") has grown really attached to him.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Part of the Pack

Congrats! No need for fuzzy slippers. He sounds like such a nice bunny so laid back.
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 AM

Congratulations, he's truly a lovely looking rabbit - looks pretty relaxed already too I think you'll really enjoy him. I have a 1 1/2 yr old female and she's quite the character. She knows exactly what she wants and doesn't take no for an answer. Let us know what you name him.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Playful Pup

He is gorgious!!! Congrats!!! Flemish Giants are the BEST!!!! Love mine!

Tags
adoption fee, flemish giant, flemish giants, german shepard, house rabbit, house rabbit society, litter box, litter train, litter trained, netherland dwarf, pet store, rabbit society, teddy bear