HELP boyd and broody have started bullying snowy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

HELP boyd and broody have started bullying snowy

well last night i noticed a bite mark on the back of snowy and some of her hair pulled out what should i do i can't separate as i only have a cat carrier that i could put her in but she can't live in there forever as the boys aren't getting neutered till 2 weeks time and then i'll still have to wait 6 weeks after before i can put her in with one of the boys, what should i do!!!!

if anyone knows of a website that is uk based that has cheap indoor rabbit cages as i think i have to separate i don't want her to get any more hurt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come see more of my fur babies at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:33 AM

Poor thing, i bet you're worried. Have you tried ebay? They do some cheap indoor ones but failing that you will just have to let them out at separate times, or perhaps in separate rooms??
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

thanks i'll have a look

oh and i think i should of mentioned on the first post that the girls are living in the shed and share a cage

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 04:13 PM

I like your website page by the way!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Are the girls spayed? And how long have they been living together?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

no and they have been living together for 3 months with no problems i've kept boyd and broody together as they get on great since they are mother and daugther and i have put snowy into a huge plastice storage box as i have nothing else available at the minute since i sold my outdoor hutch a few months back

i plan on re-building the cages in the shed so the i have 3 long cages instead of the 2 that i have now

and i thinking of maybe introducing indie to snowy (a male that i have) in about 7 weeks time as i've booked my 2 males in to get neutered.

so if all doesn't work out boyd and broody will still be living together in one cage, snowy with one of the males and one by themsleves or maybe with boyd and broody if they will accpet a male but if not i'll adopt another to be the lone ones friend

oh and thanks Kimberley

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It's going to be hard to bond any rabbits who aren't fixed. You might want to consider getting the females spayed. It's actually more important then getting males neutered because unspayed females have a really high chance of getting uterine cancer .

How old are they?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

the females will be coming up to 2 this year the only reason im getting the males done is so i can bond them and plus so they can't breed anymore, i don't have the money to pay for 3 females at £60 each as im still a student

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by storminstaffs
the females will be coming up to 2 this year the only reason im getting the males done is so i can bond them and plus so they can't breed anymore, i don't have the money to pay for 3 females at £60 each as im still a student
Ok, I understand that, but keep in mind that you might end up having to keep all the females alone in their own cages. Females tend to get territorial when they haven't been spayed and can bully each other. They might not even get along with the males so definately supervise.

~Stephanie

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
The Title Fairy Was Here

thanks for the advice

Tags
rabbit cage