Help with feeding schedule. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Poooooppp!

Help with feeding schedule.

Okay fellow PT members, I need helping figuring a good feeding schedule and how much to feed, as you may know Simon is overweight but I think they both need a new diet plan, I don't really know how much veggies/fruits/pellets I should be feeling my two buns a day, can someone please help me with this in simple terms.

I was reading on rabbit.org but all I see is a bunch of mumbo jumbo about this and that percentage of diet and relative to size of the rabbit, I don't know how much my rabbits weigh, but they're about 1 1/2 year olds.

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Well, fruits and pellets are supposed to be very minimal with rabbits anyway, so those are the only two I'd hold concern over how much you feed them. As long as you're feeding them unlimited grass hay, and some veggies, I wouldn't worry about giving them many pellets. I honestly don't worry about measuring the amount of natural foods my rabbit is supposed to be eating anyway. I take a small handful of each of the varieties we have available, and toss those in with her.

You really don't need to give them very much in pellets. I vary the quantity of pellets based on the temperature. If it's winter and thus chillier in the house(we live in the basement), I do one and a half 1 oz scoops, if it's summer, I do one 1 oz scoop.

As long as the bottom of the bowl is covered(just barely covered if its a large bowl) they should be fine.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Newborn Pup

Here's what I do for mine:
In the morning (around 6-7 am, usually) they get a little under 1/4 cup of pellets each. This is determined by their bodyweight and the recommendation on the food bag.

In the evening (around 5-6 pm) they get a plateful of veggies to share. They do well sharing, so this isn't an issue. I don't really measure their veggies unless it's something that should be given to them in moderation (something with a lot of calcium, for example).