Help Guys ;_; - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Unhappy Help Guys ;_;

Coco is just lying around listlessly all day. She hasn't eaten since this morning but she did have a biot of water. Shes pushing her food bowl away. The vets are all closed. Should I buy some baby carrot food and give it to her with a small dropper? This worked with my other bunny once. I hate seeing her like this, Im getting scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Part of the Pack

is she eating hay or going to the bathroom? if not, i would suggest an emergency vet either today or tomorrow. the sooner the better, because she could have an intestinal blockage or teeth abnormalities and needs the ground down. Although, if she is not drinking or chewing on hay it could be her intestines are blocked. i would try and get her to an emergency vet very soon or call your vet early in the morning tomorrow and tell them it is an emergency. i hope everything works out and your bunny feels better very soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Go find an emergency vet and get your rabbit there ASAP. I think at this point any vet care is better than nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Coco is at the vet's now. She's staying overnight. Tomorrow she's having her back teeth filed down. The vet thinks this might be the cause since he says she's showing some interest in eating, (looking to her food bowl, sniffing, and stuff, but not eating) plus he says they are a bit sharp and pointed. After she'll be getting anti-biotics, pain killers Im sure. I just hope she's ok and I can get her tomorrow. $325 for it all roughly, lol. Oh well she's my baby, as is Sugar.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Part of the Pack

yeah- the same exact thing happened last year with my bunny Thimble's back teeth. once she got them filed down she was back to normal after a couple days - so i'm sure Coco will be just fine now!

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I forgot to update and let you all know, but Coco is alot better and a complete PIG again but Im very happy about it all turning out well and tahnks for everyone's advice.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Playful Pup

Smile

Im glad your bunny is doing a lot better!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its scary when your pet is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO COCO!!!!

Mother of:

Bear
Cadbury
Sassie

3 Fishies
Louie

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2006, 07:32 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

I'm so glad to hear she's better! Thank goodness!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Suffers from Title Envy

glad to hear she is better.
sometimes the scarest problems are the simplest thing.

Tags
emergency vet, food bowl, vet care