Help Save Wilbur the Talking Bunny's Eye Sight!!!!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Help Save Wilbur the Talking Bunny's Eye Sight!!!!!!!!!!

The Story of Wilbur the Talking Bunny

For more information on Wilbur's Eye sight
http://www.myspace.com/wilburthetalkingbunny

Video of Wilbur and his talking
http://www.youtube.com/user/WilburTheTalkingBunn

Wilbur is an adorable orange and white male Rex mix bunny. His fur is so soft, it feels just like velvet. He is amazingly sweet and he loves to play with his toys' and romp around in the garden.

Wilbur was adopted as a rescue from the Capital Humane Society in Hilliard, OH, in February 2004. A volunteer was our walking a dog and found Wilbur in the tall grass. Someone had just left him there to fend for himself all alone in the cold.

The nice folks at CAHS took him in and immediately noticed that he liked to talk a great deal! He would waddle around and make his snorting noises which is unusual for a rabbit, so they name hime "Talker". We believe he was raised with Guinea pigs as he sounds a little bit like them.

After Wilbur's adoption he was renamed after Wilbur the talking pig in "Charlotte's Web".

Over the past few months Wilbur has lost sight in both eyes due to Cataracts. Surgery is his only option at this point. He is also totally deaf.

Wilbur says "My family needs help raising the money to fix my eyesight, so they are asking for help with donations to cover the cost of cataract removal surgery at the Ohio State University Veterinary College."

The doctors at OSU say they can help me but it will cost almost $2000.00 for just one eye. And I would be so grateful just to see out of that eye. They can't help me with my hearing, so being able to see would be an amazing gift for me!

I know it's a lot of money, but I would really love to be able to see my new mate, play with my toys, and be able to get around my room again! I can't even use my litter box anymore 'cause it's too hard to jump into it when I can't see where I am going. I have a large play area to share with my mate (Chippewa), which I don't explore much anymore as I am always bumping into things. I would really love to be able to see again.

Would you please help with a donation, even if it is for $1.00? Every dollar raised is a dollar toward my surgery. Any additional funds left over will be donated to the Capital Area Humane Society of Hilliard, Ohio.

If you can't donate pass my information along...

Medical records for Wilbur, additional photos and other info are available for viewing at MySpace.

Thanks for reading..

Signed

Wilbur the talking bunny

Thanks for reading..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement