help - - wry neck? - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

So then my hubby called me at work to tell me that Dude fell out of the hutch! WHAT??? My daughter went to go get Pip for him so he could weigh her and Dude being the door greeter that he is, came circling clumsily toward the door. Pip got squirmy on her and Dude came toward the open door while she was trying to get a better hold on her and he fell out of the hutch ONTO THE GROUND. Luckily he is ok.... but man, that wasn't a good thing that happened. That definitely served as a HUGE reminder to ALL of us on how much more careful we need to be with him.

So after he told me that horrible happening... he told me to go to the vets after work to pick up Pip's meds. He called them and told them that she weighed 12 pounds. I was like, "WHAT? 12 lbs? NO WAY! Our fattest cat doesn't even weigh 12 lbs!"

Dude weighs 3.4 lbs.... and yes he is a thin thing. Pip is a porker and I can barely gets my hands around her tummy... but 12 lbs? I think NOT!

(to be continued...)

~ Debrya
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

So needless to say... we ended up taking her to the vet when I got off work so they could weigh her and yeah, she weighed 6.4 lbs. Half of what he said she weighed! Yikes! Good thing I listened to my intuition or else we would have been giving her doses for a 12 lb bunny!

(to be continued...)

~ Debrya
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I was quite upset over the blood test result and asked the vet if he would get better. She said she could only tell me what she has experienced with this condition. She has treated bunnies who have made full recoveries including their heads going back to normal. She has seen some bunnies recover but the head tilt remained. And she has had one case where the meds didn't help at all and the bunny died.

So now I guess I just continue to give the albendazole for the next 60 days and hope for the best.

Sorry about all the posts... but at least it finally posted for me!

~ Debrya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah i learn on this forum to Copy what i wrote and then submit it, when it didn't work i could just paste

Im really sorry to hear about dude, I hope he makes a full recovery

Tags
animal hospital, cage mate, ear infection, ear infections, ear mites, guinea pig, holland lop, house rabbit, house rabbit society, litter box, litter boxes, mini rex, rabbit savvy vet, rabbit society, regular vet, vet visit, wire cage