Henry going back to the vets - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Henry going back to the vets

Hi everyone, sorry for spamming the forums like this, but I am taking Henry back to the vets on thursday. He is showing improvement but he is almost at the end of his medicine and is still sometimes grinding his teeth and his appetite isnt as it should be. Has anyone on here had a rabbit with GI problems? How long did they last? Any extra things you did? I found some things online but any help would be great. I can't get my vet Dr. Crombie til thursday, so he should be fine until that long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Aww I'm sorry Henry isn't feeling completly better yet.

Did he actually digest the plastic buttons or did they come out? Or do you think they could possably still be in there causing problems?

Will he let you rub his tummy? Sometimes gentle tummy rubs can help break up gas bubbles so it's easier for them to pass. If he'll let you, gently press his tummy below his ribs and rub downwords from his ribs to his backend, in one direction only.

Maybe tummy rubs would help, and I'd get him back to the vet again if he's still not feeling himself with the medicine from the vets.

Good luck!!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Playful Pup

Is he pooping? In the pet rabbit world, poops are most important. Is he regular and do his poops look the normal size and colour?

Have you had his teeth checked? He may have teeth that need to be filed and that is why he is not eating. Keep us posted...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Adolescent Pup

poor henry. best luck!!!

George orwell
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

lol yes one of the first things the one vet did was check his teeth. she said "nice teeth!" lol. Henry was in no mood for compliments. I've been monitering his poo's of course, and they are getting rounder and bigger, which is great. I'm taking him to the vet on thursday for a final checkup but I think he's making good progress. And dragonrain, I don't think the buttons are still in there, when we did the first xray my vet said he didnt see any foreign material in there. I never thought of them still being in there though. Its nice being able to ramble about it on here because anyone else is just like ...rabbit? Vet?

give your love no matter what.