Henry has no appetite - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question Henry has no appetite

Henry has been off all day. He didnt eat his pellets for breakfast, slept on the couch all day, and turned his nose up at a raisin! He loves raisins! I hope he's okay...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

update* Yesterday he decided that remotes are delicious and chewed about 4 buttons off and he must have eaten them.

He is also doing a lot of stretching and he seems sooo tired. This isnt normal for him!

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

If he doesn't eat for 12 hours or more you should consider it an emergency and get him to a vet.

Other than that, as soon as I notice a bunny with tummy issues the first things I try is simethicone (baby gas medicine) and tummy rubs.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Is he still pooping??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

He hasnt really done anything all day but lay down..he ate a tiny bit this morning when I gave him breakfast.. I'm so worried I feel like im going to cry. Its 8:30 at night where I am right now and is it safe to wait until morning? Euugh I dont know what to do..

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Its 12:10 at night where I am right now and I just got back from the emergency after hours vet clinic. Henry most likely has some kind of intestinal blockage and the vet gave him some kind of injection under his skin to "keep him through the night." They tried giving him another shot but couldn't find a big enough vein. I hope he makes it through the night. I'm not religious at all but your thoughts and prayers would be most welcome. I'm taking him to my normal vet tomorrow morning and I'm guessing they'll have to do surgery. I'm so drained and feel so powerless.

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

maybe you could try some canned pumpkin it works as great xlax for iguana's at least

I hope he gets better

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I have to wait until 3:15 today until Henry can get into the clinic because they are booked for surgery all morning. Henry is all lethargic and he seems to be in a lot of pain..

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Oh no...I'm so sorry! You and Henry will be in my thoughts. I really hope he pulls through and the vets can get him well again really soon.

Keep us updated.

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
can't think of one, help

many prayers for henry
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Part of the Pack

Oh NOOOOO!! Poor Henry My thoughts and prayers are with you and Henry I hope he's ok!

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Good news.
Surgery wont be needed. Went in to the vets today, Henry made it through the night and its not as bad as we thought. The vet took an x-ray and apparantly his ..cecum? was full of gas. So he is now on three doses of Cisapride and two doses of sulfatrim. One is an antibiotic and the other one is to get his gut moving. I'm also syringe feeding him critical care mix. Thank you for your support everyone. It helped so much.

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 04:58 PM
can't think of one, help

Oh what good news
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

that is great news

[/CENTER]

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Newborn Pup

Oh no! I hope Henry is feeling better. I feel so bad. I'm a bit late on this thread, but I hope you are ok. It must have been so scary.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad to hear he doesn't need surgery! I hope he's feeling better soon

Tags
no appetite, rabbit, sleep