Hey me again... My Rabbit and her kicking... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Question Hey me again... My Rabbit and her kicking...

HEllo AGAIN,
Sorry if i bug you with all my questions !!! YEahh bit of a talker !!

ANyway ... I have a female rabbit and she's 9 mnths and something weeks... When i pick she really seems to kick and struggle... i'm supporting her but nothing changes. Am i doing anything wrong ??

2. I can't seem to get her used to being handled !! Everytime i go to touch her she seems to back into the corneer and make a squeaky noise. Probably meaning she is scared. How can i stop this ? What am i doing wrong ?

3. When i bring my rabbits inside i tend to use the bathroom due to the easily cleanable floor, and when my rabbit flops on the floor...does that mean that she is comfortable with me ?

Well it's not a question... but when i'm out in the garden i open my bigger more dosile rabbit and the cage and she either follows me or runs in the shed to see the other rabbits !! I think that it is so cute how she follows me !!!
( of course i check if there is any cats around, i keep and eye on her and i don't let her run off miles !! i follow her or she follows me ) She's my baby !!

Cheerzzz guys

I have a great website just for aall you rabbit loverzz it's
www.bunspace.com Just like myspace
You get to make a profile for all your adorable rabbits!!

I also took your advice and i have seperated my Rabbit and Guinea-Pig !! I think that you will be happy....

I'm also getting another rabbit... next door neighbours daughter is 1 and they have a shed for there bunnies and she let the female out and one of the males was out so they breed of course !! lol !! typical... so i get the pic of the litter !! i will keep you posted and put pics on when i have got her !! lol !! Then that is all the animals i will have i think 4 Rabbits will be enough
Cheeerssssssssssssssssssss

RsBowden, Thanks for helping me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss twiggals.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Jird Jostler

Aww.. you sound like a fantastic owner!!! YAY pictures!!!

I'm Georgia,
I drive like a rally driver.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

How long have you had the rabbit? The struggling sounds like she's not used to being held yet. If she wasn't handled young it will take her awhile to learn that being held is ok, not threatening. Sometimes animals just don't like being held.

My chinchilla will throw himself on the ground when he is tired and needs a nap. It's just a power nap probably, however, they should always be responsive to your presence and noises. The bathroom floor is also probably cooler, so he may be hot.

for separating your rabbits from your guinea pigs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Most rabbit's don't like to be held. They are prey animals and feel much safer with their feet on the ground. I only hold my rabbit when I absolutly have too, like when they need their nails cut and stuff like that.

Usually rabbits flopping down on the floor to relax means that they are very comfortable and happy

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Flash hates being picked up, too. Approach her gently and just scratch her behind the ears and pet her, instead of picking her up, and she'll get used to the idea that you aren't going to pick her up every time, so she won't be as scared of you.

And yes, if she flops down, it means she's comfortable. Remember, rabbits are prey animals, so they're naturally ready to run from predators at all times. The more steps it will take her to get up and start running, the more comfortable it means she is with her environment. If her back legs at stretched out behind her, so you can see the bottoms of her feet, it means she's totally relaxed. Those are sometimes called "happy feet".

--Fromper
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Newborn Pup

I gotta search for you on Bunspace.com!!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

I posted a topic about bunspace awhile ago, you guys should post your links on there

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f27/b...light=bunspace

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Oliver and Ophelia still don't like being touched. I have had them for about a year and a half. I can tell Ophelia is making some progress but neither of them like me petting them - and they definitely don't like to be held. Penelope will tolerate me holding her but she would rather be on her own 4 feet. Teddy likes being held when he is in his own environment. Luckily both Penelope and Teddy love to have their head petted, ears scratched and kisses on the tops of their heads. I just have to get on the floor to make them the happiest. I don't mind.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Betta Bomb

Acacia also does not like being held,when i got her and before she got spayed she was literally WILD and i really could not get her which sucked b/c thats not quality life.so i built a Rubbermaid Square house for her that was big enough for me to get into and i would sit down and talk to her and offer trats as she came up.now shes not thrilled about coming up but she doesnt fight like she used to-i think theyre like dogs and need to learn that your top bunny but not in a scary way.just let the bunncome to you in hisown terms and patience is a virtue,well worth it.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Playful Pup

Luckily I got my Nino at around age 5 weeks old so she's more lenient than yours I think but she doesn't like being held either. She doesn't mind me picking her up but when I hold her to my chest she either relaxes (once in awhile) or flails abit (most of the time). So yeah... you're not alone.

Oh and does it mean Nino is scared if I try petting her and she is like sort of leaning back and her ears lie down on her back?