Hi Everyone! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Flag Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Louisa, and I am almost 12. In a week it is my birthday, and as my present I will be going into the city for 2 nights in a hotel and shopping galore! On the way back, my mom has planned to get me 2 Dwarf/Miniature Lop mixes. They will be girls and named Lorelai (Lor) and Felicity (Lissy). We'll be getting a huge hutch and in a couple of weeks a playpen as well. The bunnies will live outside and in winter they will be inside at night, and inside in the summer, too. It gets really hot over in Australia, and I have heard of the frozen bottle trick, where you freeze a huge 2 litre coke bottle filled with water- Is that a good trick? We want to train them on harnesses, is that O.K, or are they just things that companies want you to buy for money? They will probably be black or white- I don't know, and we are getting them from a very reputable, clean, small petshop who's owner is very sweet. When we could no longer care for our rats we called her to see if she wanted them. She did and she actually took them home herself! She held them to her chest and talked softly to them- So lovely of her!

Anyway, so I hope to catch up with you and show you the pictures of Lor and Lissy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:33 PM

to PT!! We look forward to hearing and seeing some pics of your lil guys in the future!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 06:41 PM

Hi and welcome to PT! Look forward to hearing more about you and your bunnies when you get them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

We know what they look like! Lissy is a browny-fawn color, and her sister Bree is a dovey-light grey color. We will pick them up on Saturday! I can't wait!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 09:15 AM

i am very happy for you! cant wait to see pictures.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 04:00 PM

Good luck on your girls. I just want to mention that once your rabbits start to get their hormones (12 weeks) it's possible that they will no longer get along, and will not be able to be kept in the same cage anymore. This comes from the heart. It happened to me. Female rabbits have a high risk of getting uterine cancer (80% get it by the age of 2 years if not spayed), so it is very important that your girls be spayed for their best chance at a long healthy life. Once your rabbits are spayed and then healed up (4-6 weeks) then you can slowly begin to re-bond them. Re-bonding is the process of making your rabbits friends. Female rabbits especially tend to be very territorial. The best combination for a successful couple is male-female. Female-female and male-male combinations are difficult at best, and some never work out. So you will have to face the possibility that your girls may never become friends, and it may be necessary to keep them housed seperately. Just some words of caution.

Best of luck!
Sandra