Hi - I am new - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Hi I am new to this board and new to bunny motherhood. I found our Tabatha in early January 2006 trying to cross at a busy intersection. I scooped her up and since I was on my way back to work I took her there with me. After work I dropped her off at the SPCA just in case her owners were looking for her. I called every day and even dropped off some treats for her. The vet at the SPCA called me and told me to pick her up after 5 days. They felt strongly that with her condition no one would be coming for her. I brought her home - only as a foster - but my husband and I quickly fell in love. She is the sweetest bunny ever! Medically she is a mess! She has pasturella and mites. She has already had to have all her teeth trimmed down. But she is a happy little girl none the less. She loves pets and treats. She always perks up when she sees me. My cats are beginning to sit in her enclosure every day. They just love to drink her water. According to Tyler and Bean rabbit water is much better than cat water any day. Tyler also says that dog water is better than cat water. I stopped arguing with him. I am working with a rabbit vet recommended by the House Rabbit Society. I just love him. He has been so patient with me. I have worried more about this 3 pound skinny rabbit in the last 4 months than I have ever worried about all of my other "kids" combined. I cannot wait for the day that Tabatha is healthy and fat and hopefully her little head is straighter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:33 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

welcome!

i would hate to think that someone would dump such a sweet little bunny just because of a bad cold and mites, but....

it was fate that she would be trying to cross that road and you were there - glad you found each other! with a little love and a few extra treats she'll fatten up in no time
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

hi I hope you like it here as much as I do....please post some pics of your babies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

I can not believe that any one would just dump her either. I really thought that she just got away some how but the people in the bunny business lean towards her being dumped. Well now she is a spoiled little house bunny!
I will try to figure out how to post a picture of my sweet little girl.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Newborn Pup

My dwarf Eeyore has pasturella, it sucks because I know he can't be 100% comfortable, but early when I got him the vet told me he had not much time to live...that was 3 yrs ago. He is the happiest bunny do binkies all the time and just loves us.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I hope that I am blessed with my Tabatha that long! Since I found her I don't know how long she had it before it was treated. Her head tilt is still pretty severe. Right now she is on Baytril and Medacam and on Saturday I will be picking up eye drops as well. I am hoping that her head will straighten a little more. She does look awfully uncomfortable. Her "down" eye is always closed. But she is happy. I can tell that. She just LOVES her treats and her pets. She is so much more alert than when we first got her. I am not sure but I think she is trying to binky. When she gets really excited she tends to fall/flop over a lot. I noticed this behavior in the last couple of weeks.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

the happier the home, the healthier the bunny - that's all there is to it.

you have yourself to thank for that! you are obviously doing a great job caring for him, he's your little miracle bunny
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 05:09 AM
Adolescent Pup

its diisgusting to think she was dumped like that..makes my blood boil..

she is very lucky to have been rescued by you..and i hope she gets a bit more comfy too...tlc is more important than anything and shes getting that!
fingers crossed for you both.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2006, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone!

I am trying to spoil her as much as I can to make up for all she must have went through to be on her own in January in Pennsylvania!
I am hoping that the eye drops she will start tomorrow help her head tilt some. She was on eye drops before and I really felt they helped. I guess we will see. Luckily for me I have a very patient vet who has listened to me and answered all my questions.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny

Tags
house rabbit, house rabbit society, rabbit society