Hmmmmm - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Question Hmmmmm

my parents dont think he needs to be neutered... can anyone give me reasons why its a good idea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello Earthling

It will help with aggression and marking

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Hello Earthling

And it will help with litter box training

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
is a little "special"

It will help with: Aggression, marking, litter box training, spraying, humping, obnoxious behaviors, territorial-ness, ect. You will have a much happier bun with ALOT less problems, and ALOT less pee stains on your carpet! It will also make sure he can never breed and create more buns since there are so many that already need homes, so you can get your rabbit a friend if you want too.
Its definatly well worth it to fix your rabbit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

he will live longer, healthier, and happier!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Thats what I said to my parents!!! They still dont beleive me.. I think it cause they know it costs alot..
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

It costs different amounts depending on where you live and where you go. If you find the right place it may not be TOO expensive.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 PM
is a little "special"

Will they let you do it if you pay for it yourself? Thats what I had to do to get Smudge fixed.
Trust me, after your rabbits mature (if he isnt already) and is overloaded with hormones and starts going to the bathroom all over your house, your parents will warm up to the idea! If he is still a well behaved young bunny, your parents are probably assuming that he will stay that way and thnk its pointless to get him fixed. Tell them about all the nasty behaviors older rabbits devolope, like spraying.

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

They know the spraying and marking. But yea like you said he is most of the time well behaved. He has bit my dad and me. He is about a year old.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
is a little "special"

Well, I think Im out of ideas then! You parents are tricky to convince LOL. Lets just hope that your buns gets a naughty streak in him, so you parents acually want to get him fixed!
Heres a link from the HRS on why to spay/neuter... Its the last thing I can think of:FAQ: Spaying and Neutering

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Betta Bomb

Kudo's