hot hot hot - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

hot hot hot

i'm worried that my bunnys might be too hot in my room. what do i do?! i have a broken foot and cant move em. should i see about moving them downstairs or too a diff room?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Betta Bomb

Hmm, in the summer I keep my screened window open all the time to allow air circulation as well as a floor fan aimed higher than the bunnies so its not directly on them but sort of cooling the hot air (which always rises) and circling it about and out the window. I know of people who have large concrete or porcelain type slabs in the pens for bunny to lay on and I have frozen water bottles in my freezer and if they get too warm they can lean against it or lick the condensation off. Ive also added ice cubes to their water bowls (BUT BE CAREFUL! Fridge air can be toxic to animals and humans alike, make sure ice cube trays are sealed in baggies). Bunnies cool themselves with their ears- so keep the air well circulated and ventilated. If getting someone to help you move them to a cooler room but not out of daily family traffic which they probably like then Id say go for it!
Good luck and let us know!! Im only jealous bc its not summery here yet. We still are getting spring rain and cool off shore winds from the Labrador current.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

It's getting hot here too! I haven't had the chance to put the AC in the bunnies room yet. Yesterday it was over 90* in there room even with two fans running and the window open. I set up an xpen for them in the living room for the day since our living room AC was on, it was a lot cooler in that room.

If you don't have an AC and your room is going to be hot all summer, I would personally move them to a cooler room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

well here is wat we are trying.. we have multiple fans yup in the hallway bringing cool air to my room. i dont think it is working but we will just have to wait and see
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Betta Bomb

What I geniously thought of doing also was 2 ways of homemade AC.... Since Im poor and dont have one and prob never will bc I live north but when we had a small floor fan we would jam it in a widow so all the air from outside would come in through the fan so it waas fresh and cool. Then last year the fan I bought was waaay to large to put in the window so I place a bowl of ice behind it so as it melted the cooled air would be forced trough the fan!!
Brilliant!