How difficult is it to intro a new bunny to a bunny duo? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Nan
Playful Pup

How difficult is it to intro a new bunny to a bunny duo?

I have a neutered male and spayed female living together. I'm thinking of adopting a needy bunny who is a spayed female. Is it possible that by using slow intros I could introduce this new spayed adult female to the group? Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this.
Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Newborn Pup

I think it really depends on the individual temprements of the rabbits so there's no real answer as to how well it would work. iF YOU ARE THINKING OF ADOPTING FROM A RESCUE CENTRE THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP by finding a rabbit that your existing rabbits seem to like!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Nan
Playful Pup

Thanks. The two bunnies I already have are very mellow and were full grown when I put them together after they were nuetered. I already have a bunny who I will be getting in a few days. She was brought into a vet where a friend of mine works by a mom who was tired of her and a little girl who was begging someone to give her a good home and not to have her put to sleep, but my friend's bunnies are not too friendly and she had to rehome her. I guess I'll take it slow after quarantine is over. That's what I did with my first two but don't want to mess up the partnership I already have because they are so happy together. I guess time will tell.
Diana

Tags
neutered male