how do bunnies play - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Question how do bunnies play

hey i was wonderig how the rabbits play....i mean kane my smallest just turned a month and a half today and he is in his own cage now insted of with me in my room but i put the rags he slept on in the cage and he scratches at them and tugs them around and billy joe my female never did that when we got her so i don't know what to look for. and some ideas would be most wanted in the case of you know me playing with him as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Penelope likes to "fluff" her blankies. I first gave her towels but she also likes to chew her blankies so I switched her to fleece blankies. She will bunch them up and then smooth them out.
Oliver and Ophelia just seem to like to use blankies as litter boxes. Teddy is uninterested in them.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Adolescent Pup

Some like to "dig" in various things - blankets, towels, their litter box, the carpet, etc. If you've got a digger, maybe give him something he can dig in all he wants, like a cardboard box with shredded paper or something.

Most bunnies like to chew as a form of play, also. This is actually essential, as their teeth keep growing throughout their lives, so they need to chew on wood or something to grind them down as they get older. My little guy, Flash, likes to chew on cardboard, old phone books, and the 2x4 pieces of wood that I put along the edges of my couch to keep him from getting under it.

They also sometimes like to run around, or jump up on things. Flash has figured out not only how to jump on to the seat of my couch, but also on to the back part. He thinks he's part cat! Luckily, he hasn't figured out that he could jump up on chairs and using those to get on to tables.

They all have different personalities. You'll just have to watch and see what they like to do, then give them a way to do it without being destructive. If they like to dig, give them something to dig in. If they like to chew, give them chew toys. Don't expect that you can stop them from being destructive without giving them a better alternative.

--Fromper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Adolescent Pup

they run around , binki, dig play with stuffed animals each rabbit is diffrent.

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 05:14 PM
is a little "special"

Smudges definition of "play" is "destruction"!
Rabbits love to fluff up their blankies andbinkie too! ^^

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."