how do i know when (bonding Q) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

how do i know when (bonding Q)

how do i know when its time for me to move them to their room for playtime rather than nueteral territory?
right now they can hang out three hours in nueteral territory with no major fights. sometimes hair pulling will occur. most of the time they lay near each other the whole session

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

also, when i do start putting them in Ryo's territory (the rabbit room, bedroom) do i need to start with 15 mintues, then 30, and so on and so on
or do i do it for 2 or 3 hours at a time again?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

It sounds like it'd be a good idea to start moving them to their room . As far as how long, I'd let the rabbits decide. If they seem really tense or upset then I'd start slow but I've had rabbits who were fine once moved to their room and could immediately start playing together there every day.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

well i let them hang out in neutral territory and within a mintue a very bad fight started. i mean, it looked worse than what it was. it took me four trys to pull them off each other. i tought they were going to kill each other! i didnt see any blood shed tho.
so back to nuetral territory for me! aggh, i wonder how far back that set them. im pretty upset, but i know with bonding rabbits its steps fowrd and steps backwards. and im doing good as long as the general direction is fowrds. i wonder whats making this bond so difficult? age? Ryo is near 2 yrs old, and alex is 6 months

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

some rabbits are just harder to bond. It took me forever to bond my bunnies and i almost gave up a couples of times, i would get so desperate. Try to put raspberry or strawberry jelly on their forehead. When i did this they started to bond. I would take them on car rides everynight, one time after they were bonded (like 7 months later) one of my friend went into the bedroom and they started fighting like crazy, that was weird, probably the smell of a stranger. i don't know

Good luck
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

yeah bunnies are wierd.
i have a ton of tricks up my sleeve im going to start putting to good use