How do I tell if my bunny is annoyed with something? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Question How do I tell if my bunny is annoyed with something?

How do I tell if my bunny is annoyed with something? Will he bite me or someone else?? He never bites anyone (knock on wood).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Playful Pup

If your bunny is upset she will grunt at you (it sounds like she's snorting) and then she may bite or scratch.

----------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Trixie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-- Jersey

-- Ginger

-- Coco

-- Jagg

RIP
-- Hammy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

How do I tell if he's happy? I know I have a lot of questions. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Playful Pup

Talking

Here is some info on understanding rabbit behavior
Affection: licking, rubbing noses, nussling or cuddling
Annoyance - an annoyed rabbit may throw objects around as an act of rebellion or attack.
Sniffing - may be annoyed or just talking to you.
Grunts/Snorting or Growling - usually angry.
Shrill scream - hurt or dying
Circling your feet - usually indicates sexual behavior.
Chinning - their chin contains scent glands, so they rub their chin on items to indicate that they belong to them.
Bunny hop/dance - a sign of pure joy & happiness!
Playing - Rabbits like to push or toss objects around. They may also race madly around the house, jump on and off the couch and act like a kid that's had too much sugar (my little one does this all the time!!!).
Don't touch my stuff - rabbits often are displeased when you rearrange their cage as you clean.
Stomping - He's frightened, mad or trying to tell you that there's danger (in his opinion).
Teeth Grinding - indicates contentment, like a cat purr. Loud grinding can indicate pain.
Thumping - thumping is a danger signal, but can also be an announcement letting you know that they are there.

Hope this helps!!!!

----------------------------------------------

-- Trixie

-- Jersey

-- Ginger

-- Coco

-- Jagg

RIP
-- Hammy