How much veggies to give? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Lightbulb How much veggies to give?

OK, after having poop problems with my bunny, and knowing 2 others also had that same problem with their bun, I made a research on how much veggies to give. I went to so many site and believe it or not the portion varied SO much! From giving 1 cup to 4 cups of veggies a day.
I wanted to know exactly how much veggies a bunny really need. Just didnt feel right just being told give 2 or 3 cups without when they DONT know how much hay our buns eat. Too much veggies is same as not enough veggies.
What I read and recommend (it makes a LOT of sense) Is from the portion of hay your buns eat, veggies should be about 10%. A bunny is healthy out of hay. If too much veggies or too much treats or too much pellets the bun will not eat as much hay. (BTW 1/4 cup of pellets a good portion to give to your buns.

This was taken from:
http://www.double-d-ranch.net/info/how.html
"Dont: feed your rabbit too many treats. Fresh veggies, not exceeding 10% of their diet, will keep your rabbit healthy and very happy."

****Those with angora's, you guys need to make more research on their diet because they need a bit more protein then the short haired buns****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement