how to seperate? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Wink how to seperate?

my two buns pumpkin and peanut have bin together since day one and are seriously bonded and i need to sperate them as one's a boy and the other a girl but i don't want to get peanut(male) the snip as a breeder has asked me if i would mind if he used him a couple of times, and i can't get pumpkin done yet as i think she may be with little buns so i was wondering how do i seperate them without causing too much stress to them please help i love my buns to bits but don't want to stress them out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Can you not just wait til mumma has her baby buns and then get her fixed? That way they can stay together and be happy buns!!

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Part of the Pack

Sorry I have no experience with this. Could you put the two cages right beside each other so they could still touch and groom each other?

Do males leave the female alone once they are impregnated and do the females get a bit aggressive? I don't even know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Wink

i think pumpkin is pregnant i've noticed a nipple ans i found a small nest in the corner of the hutch, then when i went back i found peanut sitting in it and he wouldnt move,normally if i open the hutch door he's straight out like a shot, so i dont know if he senses something different or just wants the comfy spot LOL, as for him leaving her alone he's still following her around like a lost puppy awwww,but they have been definately grooming each other a lot more i must have the cleanest garden bunnies around hahaha, pumpkin hasnty showed any aggressive behaviour in fact shes gone alot calmer and comes to me a lot more now but i've noticed that she does'nt stray too far from the hutch, i have a big garden and normally she's all over it,

what i'm needing to know is that would it be safe to leave them together until she had her kits or would peanut sit on them i'm a bit scared in case he squashes the babies. that is if she is pregnant it just could be a phantom one but i doubt it LOL???