Humping!!! Again!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Angry Humping!!! Again!!!

I just walked in on my bunny humping that [email protected] stuffed animal again!! I thought that was going to stop with the neuter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:22 PM

Red face

It takes a while for the hormones to die down..When was the op done?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

LOL sounds like your bunny has the same prob as my friends do ve, he will flirt with every bird in the house, and he is a male....lol. Sweetist thing you could ever have the pleasure of meeting, lol I can say that he ain't m ine lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

The operation was at the end of september....so I guess its been a little over a month. Do you think I should call and talk to the vet?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:52 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetara03
The operation was at the end of september....so I guess its been a little over a month. Do you think I should call and talk to the vet?
I would give it another week or so, than if there has been no change, then go to the vets..
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:59 PM

Some animals hump to show dominace, not necessarly because they are horny. Sometimes when you get them netuer, it cures it right away, but for some animals it may take a month or two. Thier is nothing that you can do about it, if he still does it even after two months, its just a dominace thing. If you want him to stop, take away the toy that he does it to, otherwise, you might just have to deal with it. You can try talking to the vet about it, but my guess is he will tell you the same thing I just told you.The only reason I know this, is because my moms Dog is very bad about humping her cats and thats what the vet told her. Good luck.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 PM

"I like to hump AND bite Blinky because, due to my white fur, I'm better than him."

- Bleety
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleety
"I like to hump AND bite Blinky because, due to my white fur, I'm better than him."

- Bleety

I'm sorry Cheetara! I feel sorry for you girl. Hang in there. I think Sonora humped Mo a few times after she was spayed. I have no idea why. Silly buns.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:25 PM

Aww, sorry about your bun. But Charlie still humps Caesar after a year of being spayed and she's a girl! Bunnies have gender confusion.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 01:54 AM
Adolescent Pup

lol. My rabbit used to hump my foot a lot. Even after the neuter he did it. But his hormones died eventually, and he quit. He used to go after my cat a lot. She didn't like that. The spraying was the worst thing do deal with.
Oh, and rabbits I hear do mount another rabbit, to show dominance. I hear females do it too. I don't think it's actually humping, but I've never seen it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 10:43 AM

Unhappy

I heard it can take up 2 months for the hormones to settle down. I have no experience in that since my bunny is still not yet neutered. He is 5-6 months and very clean and likes lovies. Since there is bunnies that are ok without being fixed, I am not too sure that I will fix mines, It's really expensive. Here it's 135$ Cdn to fix a male, prior to that they have to do a x-ray to make sure that nothing will go wrong in the procedure, that is 68$ Cnd and they also have to make a physical examination and thats 35$ Cdn!!!! Way too expensive when I thought that 150$Cdn would be enough! Add taxes on top of that!! I can't afford to have my bunny fixed
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

aww!! I would look and see if there are any clinics that are in your area, they may be cheaper. Also animal societies sometimes do inexpensive neuters/spays to cut down on the overpopulation problem.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 02:31 PM

There are only 2 clinics that I can trust with my bunny. I will try to find out if the Human Society can neuter my bunny. Personnaly I don't think so or else I'd hear about it. But if they do, is it as safe as in a Hospital Vet?

Last edited by Sandra; 11-06-2004 at 02:33 PM.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

I have no idea!! There arent a lot of rabbit resources that Ive seen in Canada. Maybe someone else knows better.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
There are only 2 clinics that I can trust with my bunny. I will try to find out if the Human Society can neuter my bunny. Personnaly I don't think so or else I'd hear about it. But if they do, is it as safe as in a Hospital Vet?
I honestly think that the vet you are seeing is trying to rip you off. Why would they charge so much? I think that is fishy to me, and you should look around.

I agree that there are animal shelters that will charge a low price or do it for free. Yes, it should be just as safe, because they aren't out for the profit, they are trying to help the animals. Plus, most shelters usually go through a paticular vet who charges them half the price. And some places will actually give you a slip that pays for half the neutering or something like that. I hope this helps.

I reccommend checking out the following webpages.

http://www.rabbit.org/faq/sections/spay-neuter.html

http://www.petsandanimals.org/spayneuter_services.html

http://www.spayusa.org/

www.petfinder.com has a list of animal shelters by zipcode and location! You should check them out as well, then you can contact a shelter in your area and ask them more about it.

Tags
animal shelter, animal shelters, stuffed animal