I am worried about Harvey.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

I am worried about Harvey....

I have just put the bunnies away after they had been out in the garden all day.. Harvey decided he wanted to run around so I had to pick him up, I immediately noticed that he had a large lump on his side, so I took him in the garage and put him on a table to look closer at him.. Its about the size of my fist and sticks out quite a bit, it is also very hard.. I have looked on the internet and for a rabbit so young it could either be an absess or even Lymphosarcoma... I have never noticed this lump before, I dont actually get the chance to pick him up that often as he normally goes into his hutch on his own.. I am going to make a appointment to see the vets tomorrow afternoon.. Please can you keep him on your thoughts, I am so worried about him.. Pete isnt here yet, so I have only told my mum on the phone, and she has told be not to worry..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 03:36 PM

Oh no! Poor Harvey. I really hope that it's nothing. You already have had so much worry with your bunnies this year. You will both be in my thoughts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

He'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Natalie and Steph, I just hope whatever it is has been caught early!
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I am thinking of you and him

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Lizz..
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 04:53 AM

I hope it turns out to be nothing serious.
Both of you are in our thoughts.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Sheryl..
I took him to the vets today, and unfortunately he has to go back tomorrow for an operation.. The vet took a sample from the lump and it was all yucky, it seems to be an absess, probably caused by a bite.. I am taking him in the morning along with Amber and Jasmine, who are going to have their HVD jabs..
I am worried about the little guy, after he had such a bad start to life..
I will keep you informed...
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

let us know how he is after surgery steph

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSbunny
let us know how he is after surgery steph
I will thanks Carmen!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Healing thoughts and prayers coming his way!

Stephanie

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Healing thoughts and prayers coming his way!
Thanks Steph..
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:29 PM

I hope everything goes well. Hang in there.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 03:13 AM

Oh poor Harvey.
Let us know how he gets on after surgery.
to you both
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww poor little Harvey My aunties rabbit is prone to those kind of lumps and has had to have an operation like Harvey and she made a full recovery so sending lots of healing and get well soon vibes to that little cutie, hope he makes a fast recovery and is back to his cute little self in no time

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide