I am worried sick! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Unhappy I am worried sick!

I have been checking my obys over everyday since they had the chop and today Sammo has a big solid lump where one of his testicles was. Its like filled the sac with this really hard lump. It doesnt seem to bother him when i squeeze it but i just wondered if this is normal as Bbop doesnt have it!!! They are going back to vets tomorrow for their check up so if its still like it hopefully the vet will sort it tomorrow i feel so bad for my poor baby

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Playful Pup

hiya, umm really not sure bout that one, does it feel like fluid (coz when i had shauny done the vet said the sacs could fill with fluid). does it feel hot and look red (could mean an infection).

its good that he doesnt seem bothered by it tho, cause i guess if was an infection it would hurt when you touch it.

hope somebody else can give you better advice. all my thought for you and your buns. x
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

No it dont feel like fluid coz its a solid lump. Its warm to touch and is the normal pink colour his sacks normally are just really quite big and hard. I will try getting a pic when i get home from work. Am really worried about him poor baby

*Carla*
I
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my animals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Playful Pup

god i know what a worry they are, bless them. could you phone your vet for advice, and see what they say?. it might make you feel a bit better speaking too your vet. please let me know how things go. x
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Part of the Pack

When we had Molly spayed the vet technician said to watch for lumps indicating an infection or absess. Molly had a lump as well, a pucker in the stitching that grew larger within a couple days. To be safe they put her on baytril until the "bunny" vet could look at it. When her vet got the message that Molly was coming back in with this lesion she said she was loosing sleep over it. She was expecting it to look all festered and oozing. Everything was fine.

Like binki said...maybe make a quick phone call to the vet to make you feel better.

Has he been over grooming?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

It could just be swelling? Is he eating and pooing and all that good stuff? Hopefully it's nothing serous, let us know what the vet says!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Well he is going in this afternoon and i have checked on him again this morning and it is still like it! From what i can tell he is pooing normally but there are 2 of them in the same cage so its hard to tell lol. I have seen him eating and drinking tho so it must be coming out somewhere! I guess i will find out if he is ok this afternoon. I will keep you posted.

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Playful Pup

hope all goes well this afternoon for you and your babies.
x
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Dinky Gerbilelbow

Well he has been and we are back. The vet checked him over and it is apparently fluid but he is worried that its such a solid lump as that isnt normal! bbop has fluid in his sacs but they are still soft and squidgy and the fluid will just absorb back into his body but Sammo the poor little mite is now on a course of baytril and some metacam pain killers and has to go back on Monday again!! I hope he comes out of this ok or i will never forgive myself!!!

*Carla*
I
my animals!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Playful Pup

aww poor little thing.
but at least hes been to the vets and is on stuff to treat it. its really good that hes eating, and doing all the stuff he should be.

does the vet think its an infection?.

ill keep my fingers crossed that the swelling goes down soon, hopefully with the meds it should do.
x
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Poor little guy, what a place for an ouchy.
I wish his a speedy recovery.

When my Bunnies are on antibiotics i made sure to give them some PB8 or acidopholus (sp?) to keep their gut flora in tact so they don't get GI Stasis or an upset tummy from the meds.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!

Tags
vet tech