I quicked Ophelia! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

I quicked Ophelia!

I feel bad. I was trying to check Ophelia's nails ans make sure they were short before I began bonding. Well I got her. When I saw the bblood I thought it was mine because she kicked me before I began. Then I realized it was hers! I used flour but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't have any quick stop in the house. I am not sure if I should run to walmart but I would only be able to get the human kind and I am not sure if I can use that.
Oh dear. Ophelia is just going to add this to her already long list of why mommy is bad!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM

Oh No!
Poor girl.
I think Corn Starch can be used also to Quick-Stop.
And don't worry, it happends to the best of us! <hugs>

I've had a bunny rip off her nail once, and man do they bleed, I used this quick stop stuff i had, it worked so well.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouraging words. It finally stopped. I had it stopped with the flour and then she cleaned off her paw and it started again. I made sure I cleaned the litter boxes and wiped off the bottom of the cage. I am going to pick up some quick stop. I am really good at cutting cat claws. I haven't gotten a kitty in years! I just am not sure what happened. I guess it was too short to cut and she was squirming.
I still have metacam from Penelope's spay so I gave Ophelia some. Ophelia weighs more than Penelope so I just gave her the same dose. I figured it would make her feel a bit better but it definitely would not be too much.
I went back in the room with chives, oregano and mint from my garden (they have never had it before) and she came right up to me to see what I had. I thought for sure I would have received the cold shoulder from her for days but so far so good. She was not too interested in my "home made" goodies so I gave her some alfalfa hay. That she liked!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

As already mentioned, you can use cornstarch, or you can even use a bar of soap and scrape it over the nail, forming a 'cap' that will let the blood clot.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2007, 10:21 PM

I was thinking about the bar of soap too, but couldn't remember if that was what it was LOL

Glad you got it to stop.
I havn't cliped a quick (knock on wood), but boy am I affraid to. For most of my bunnies I need another person to help me. I had a friend who's owned everything but rabbits say "it can't be that hard" LOL..... untill she met Aniseed who kicked my friend in the face :p
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 AM

glad you got it to stop doesn't seem like she's mad mistakes h appen
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Will It Ever Change?

lol she'll live, it's all good *hugs*

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I have to remember the soap trick. I never heard of that. We always have ivory in the house.
I still cannot get over that she is not holding it against me. I thought she would have been mad at me for days! Geez Penelope was so mad at me after her spay because I had to handle her so much. I had to nap in her room for days for her to like me again.
I guess banana chips and papaya tabs can make everything better - and a little metacam can't hurt either.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny

Tags
alfalfa hay, litter box, litter boxes