I'm new here - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Smile I'm new here

Hello everyone I'm new here and we just got a some new bunnies today. We did have our first new bunny a day before easter but it died friday night. Not sure what happen so we finally got another bunny or 3 and hope nothing happens this time.

We love all types of animals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Still Waiting

Aw, sorry about your little bunny that died RIP!

Congrats on the new buns! I can't wait to see pics and hear more about them.
Welcome to PT!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind reply back. So far our new bunnies are doing good. We think one is already pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

to PT!

You are going to love this place!
Cant wait to see pics of the bunnies!

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Will It Ever Change?

WELCOME!! you'll have a great time here!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2007, 06:23 PM

welcome! good luck with the babies, spaying and nuetering if it isnt already done is a must for buns health, also if they live together its the only way, otherwise as they grow they will fight.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming. I hope to learn alot about rabbit care here. I will also post some photos of the new rabbits we got later. We are also getting 2 lops soon. Got to learn about them also.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:34 PM

Smile New Bunnies

All this talk about new bunnies is really getting me excited about getting my own bunny. HHMmmmm just wish I could decide which would be the best for me being a new bunnymom. Should I go with small Hollands or Giant Flemish????
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 PM

Welcome White Eagle.

Good luck with all those buns! I can not stress how much you will need to get them spayed/neutered. You will soon double the amount you have already!!!

All the best.

Kim
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

I will selling some of my little bunnies. I have a few friends that just found out I have 2 does and a buck and they asked me would I be raising some up to sell and I said yes. They have little kids and they want to get them a little pet to play with and teach them how to care for animals. One of the kids is 14 and she is wanting a little bunny so I told them when I have some and old enough to leave mother bunny I will let them know. We aren't going to do like other people keep breeding a bunny over and over. That not right plus it will shorten it's life to. We are getting 2 min lops and later will have them fixed. They are going to be our house bunnies.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white eagle
We aren't going to do like other people keep breeding a bunny over and over. That not right plus it will shorten it's life to.
What about the fact that millions of rabbits are killed per year because they have nobody to love them? The new rabbits you bring into this world are going to kill even more. I really wish you wouldnt breed your rabbits and turn your friends to a shelter to adopt a pet instead. Rabbits are cute and sweet at any age so they dont need a baby. You can save a life by adopting and possibly even your mother rabbits life by not allowing her to ever breed. Please think about it.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

We are breeding most of the bigger rabbits to provide meat to families in need around here. Plus there is no shelters around here to go and get a bunny. All of the bunnies are not for pets but for food since life is getting harder and lost of families are doing without around here. We are doing what God has lead us to do to help others. We also raise goats to provide milk to the ones that can't drink regular milk and raise other livestock to help our family and the ones in need.

Take Care and Enjoy your bunnies.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 05:29 PM

like thats better, they are born to be killed
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Hello and Welcome to Paw-Talk.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM

correct me if im wrong, but didnt you write in your first post that you were breeding the rabbits so you could sell them to friends for their children? isnt that a little different than you breeding them because God wanted you to help the less fortunate. where is that eye rolling smilie?

have you looked at this place yet? there are only hundreds and hundreds of rabbits needing homes in Virginia.

Petfinder pet list

Tags
pet shop