Indoor/outdoor help!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Indoor/outdoor help!!

Hey, I have a Netherland Dwarf, and he's been inside for awhile. I have an outdoor cage that I let him out in when its nice out, but now its getting chilly in Wisconsin. I want to let him outside still, and still bring him in after a few hours of being outside. I'm not exactly sure if thats ok...To be out in cold weather then back in a heated area........I need help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Betta Bomb

umm, im no expert on outdoor bunnies in ANY way but i think it may be harsh for him to adapt to cold to have you snatch him back up into the warmth. i mean it sucks in the winter running in and out eh? let someone here like Jess help you out more,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Part of the Pack

Like purple hops said, I'm not an expert but Im guessing he needs to grow a good coat to survive the cold, and im not sure it would grow properly if you had him in and out again? I dont know, im sure you'll figure it out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 02:37 PM
is a little "special"

Where is he going to spend the majority of his time- inside or out?
If you want him to be primarily outside for the winter, you want him to have a nice thick coat to keep him warm, so it would be better to just keep him outside now so he can grow one before it gets REALLY cold... But it sounds more like you only want him out for a few hours on nice days, and otherwise keep him indoors, right?
On nice days that are above freezing he should be fine basking in the sun for a couple hours, but if he doesnt have a winter coat, dont keep him out on colder days.
You can also buy small animals heating pads to keep out there. Ill be buying some for Smudge this winter ^^

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."

Tags
bunny, indoor, outdoor