Input Please? Help.. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Input Please? Help..

So for the past few days, Henry hasn't been himself. He is eating and drinking, but he just doesnt have his usual pep. He usually jumps up to greet me when i come into my room, goes crazy for his salad, but he's just kind of sitting around lately . I hope he's not sick. Any idea what this could be? I think im going to take him to the vet if it persists. I'm worried.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

give your love no matter what.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 03:09 PM
I am allergic to maths

Erm... does he sleep alot, has he slept less lately? I hope hes not sick too, I love your lil bun
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 06:50 PM

i used to have one that looked just like yours when i was a child, he was mean :-(...
my wife raised rabbits in 4H and says that when a rabbit gets sick, it does not eat or drink and usually dies in 24 hours.
Depending on his age and whether or not he is spayed, he might be bored... or looking for a mate.
A new toy or extra special treat might perk him up.
so he is probably ok... just going through a phase.
a trip to the vet really isn't necessary unless there are more serious symptoms.
how old is Henry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

hey guys. Just cleaned his cage and bought him a bunch of new greens today, and it seemed to perk him up. He also got a few extra raisins. As for the 24 hour thing.. thats grim . I'm glad I took him to the vet right away when he was really sick last time. Last time, he wasnt eating or pooping or peeing and i couldnt hear his tummy gurgling, so i took him to the after hours vet and it was a nightmare.. anyways, i hope he stays fine. Maybe im just a worry wort...wart..(spelling) Henry is... 9 months old now I think?

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah always take them to the vet if they don't eat or poo for 12 hours or more - stasis can turn serous pretty quickly.

Have the temps changed at all where you keep him? Sometimes if my bunnies get a little warmer than they'd like they're not as active. Has anything else changed that could be affecting him? If he's still eating, drinking, and going to the bathroom normally, those are good signs.

If he doesn't seem like himself for much longer though I would get him to a vet. Bunnies are good at hiding when something is wrong- signs of pain can include being larthagic, sitting hunched up, and/or grinding teeth.

Good luck! I hope little Henry is back to normal soon.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Part of the Pack

Maybe he is lonely. It took Lucky a couple years before he seemed depressed but once our finch passed away (she would always fly and land on his cage) he never came out of his cage very much. He would just sit. Then we got Molly for him. I hope your bunny is not sick.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Hi all. He has perked up and is back to normal, thank goodness! Another rabbit would be lovely, but its just not an option right now. I can afford henry and mouse vet bills, but I wouldnt be able to with another rabbit so I don't feel I have the right to get one. Who knows what expenses could pop up- I rather play it safe and just have henry.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 06:32 PM

glad to know he's back to his good ol' self.