Intro Questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2005, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Intro Questions

Today I started introducing Charlie to Harry and vice versa. What I did was put Harry in his cage and put Charlie in Harry's playpen. That way Charlie could get used to Harry's smell and maybe sniff Harry and Harry could sniff Charlie. Is that the right way to go about it? I'm planning on getting another one of the playpens and putting it in a neutral area when I am finally ready to have Harry and Charlie meet without a cage or fence in the way.
Harry was completely interested in Charlie and kept wanting to sniff her and meet her, AKA getting out of his cage, but Charlie barely noticed Harry. She was really scared and wouldn't even eat her favorite treat. Is that because she realized she was on some other rabbit's territory? I thought it would be better to have her get used to Harry's scent and vice versa so they would get used to each other quicker. When will I know when it's time to put the two together for a meeting? I've read up on all the introduction stuff but I know some of you have good experience and I say that always beats the internet or books.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement