Photos! Introducing Jack and Millie <3 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Introducing Jack and Millie <3

Jack is the White bunny, and Millie is the Brown lop eared bunny <3 I have had them for two weeks. They are doing really well with their litter training. Jack is obviously a male and Millie is a female. I will be getting them both spayed/neutered very shortly~as soon as I find the best vet in my area for the procedure. I got both bunns from the pet store inside the local mall, and I'm sure they aren't any older than 7 or 8 weeks old~pet store didn't specify age.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (70.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (65.7 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

They are so cute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Betta Bomb

They ARE cute!! Bunnies become sexually mature at quite a young age so you're gonna wanna seperate them or fix them asap!! Congrats on the 2 adorabubbles!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

We have already found our vet, and we are waiting on them to call us back with an appointment this month---two bunnies are enough for us <3
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Adolescent Pup

Lovely bunnies!

Remember that male rabbits can be fertile up to 6 weeks after they are neutered.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

we won't have any issues with the male being fertile after being neutered if my girlie is spayed too, right?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 PM
can't think of one, help

you should keep them separated for a while after they have been neutered/spayed. Just to allow for peaceful and quiet healing.

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:38 PM
can't think of one, help

BTW they are very cute

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

thankyou Litlebunnies...about how long is the recovery period for bunnies after both spaying and neutering? They sleep in dog crates right now--they are together with their litter box in a Medium crate, but I already have a very large crate to move them to as they gain a lil weight--and I can use the medium one when they need to be seperated...we have one of those playpen fences for them to play in while we are home and awake...trying to slowly get them used to 'people' noises...Jack has already been figuring out how to kick the closure open..we watched im drop-kick the thing 4 times yesterday in an attempt to escape...he accidentally bumped it open one time and now escaping is his new past-time...other than eating Jack is very sociable...hops right up to ya and 'tastes' my leg (looking for a treat no doubt) Millie is very very very shy, but she will come around---she will now eat treats out of my hand...I handle them gently very often to get them used to seeing my big hand coming at their face lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Betta Bomb

Female surgeries are internal as the vet ties off the tubes or whatever.. Males are only snipped so just as cats and dogs the healing is longer and more laborious for females. You have to watch her very carefully to make sure she still is eating, when I had Acacia done she stopped eating and just sat in the corner feeling very cold. So I had to warm her with towels and feed her through syringe a vet prescribed formula called "Critical Care for Herbivores". This lasted maybe a week or so and regular checking of the incision for dirt and debris or of she had picked it open.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Adolescent Pup

Jack and Millie are adorable!!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh my gosh...the spay sounds scary now...
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Betta Bomb

NO!! By all means go with it! Find a rabbit savvy vet and everything will be fine. I only gave you my information to let you know there's work involved for a healthy recovery. It's so beneficial to have her spayed bc it significantly reduces her chaces of developing ovarian cancer (unspayed females have a 85% statistic rate of developing it before the age of 4) and it reduces their hormone level making it easy to litter train them and tame them to people and other animals. Acacia is best kind now and loves life! 2 weeks of healing and a couple months of recovery from hormones and junk was well worth the price I paid.. Check www.rabbit.org for a rabbit savvy vet in your area- the rate of deaths are VEEERY low bc of improved techniques and medicines. They generally run blood work anyway to make absolute certain the bunn is healthy
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I have found a vet really close that cares for exotic pets (rabbits included) and all I have to do is make the appointment--we have a few more weeks until they are of the age the vet suggested...and they take care of lots of rabbits (as well as other farm animals) so I know they will be in good care---they were actually suggested by a co-worker that has a daughter with a pet bunny---and I know they will let me know exactly what I will have to do to care for them in the recovery period...please God don't let her rip/take her own stitches out though As for litter training they haven't had another urine accident since the second day I have had them I keep their litter box clean...and they have a small fenced-in section in the living room that they get to hang out in while we are all up--its one of those little fences you can move inside or outside--it folds up accordian style...its getting them accustomed to the 'house' noises such as the television They are so funny to watch late at night--we have the wood floors so they don't have good grip with their feet--but they are workin hard at running and doin good binky's They can sure eat too--Jack is hilarious and very curious...he will run right up to me (in search of a treat) and start diggin through his food bowl or litter box for treats---Millie is still shy and will wait for me to walk away--but she is comin out of her shell a lil more everyday--hangin in the livin room with the fam is getting her more comfortable with strange noises and sudden movements--she's gonna b a fatty too
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Betta Bomb

Keep us posted!

Tags
new bunny introduction <3