Introducing Peneloppy Jewel! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

Introducing Peneloppy Jewel!

This is my new Holland Lop, Peneloppy!

Jenny, Zookeeper Extraordinare

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mom to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

Maverick (Bearded Dragon) and Panda (Leopard Gecko)

Lionel (Ball Python) and Arrow (Cornsnake)

Falcon, Sherbert, Razzle and Pearl (All Bettas)

RIP Arthur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

awww such a cute bunny

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Betta Bomb

AWHOWADORABLEILOVEHER!!!!!!

(*ahem*)

Is that her current cage?? With the wire bottom?? I would line it with newspaper or pieces of tile to prevent foot problems and injury..

But She's such a cutie! How old is she??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

She's a year and a half. I have a grass mat and litter pan available for her to get off the wire.

Mom to:

Pooters, Gracie, Mr. Muggles McLovin It (all three Chi mixes), Angel (Lab mix), and Nina (Sheltie mix)

: Hollands: Peneloppy, Sunkist, Scooby, Toby, Timothy, and Dante; Jersey Wooly: Dini and Dana; Lionheads: Cricket, Tinsel, Missy, Mrs. Jingles, Winnie; Netherlands: Quasar, Amos, and Shutterbug; Havana mix: Colby; Fuzzy Holland Lop: Henry; Velveteen Lops: Prudence and Jude AKA Tigger

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Newborn Pup

At a year an a half she needs unlimited hay and 1/4 cup of pellets a day, which means you need to take the free feeder out. The wire bottom is really hard on their paws, and if she's litter trained there's no need to have it or the newspaper lining at all, you could cover it with cardboard or a piece of linoleum for a quick fix.
You should also get her spayed if she isn't already, unfortunately cancer in rabbits is pretty much a definite unless you do.
Does she have an extra pen to run around in or something? That cage is really too small for the bunny to be in.

She looks super sweet!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

They're actually suppose to get 1/2 a cup of pellets a day and I only use that feeder because it sifts the dust out that's in the pellets, but I never fill it up. She's out all the time when I'm at home. And she has an appt to get spayed this Tuesday.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Newborn Pup

It's 1/2 cup per 6lbs, she doesn't look nearly 6lbs. Thats odd, I don't have dust in my pellets, what brand are you using?
And yay she's getting spayed! Make sure you get a pain reliever and that she's got plenty of hay to much
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Addict

That's what I thought too but my vet and the breeder told me 1/2 cup. It's oxbow basic bunny t. You know how there's crumbles in the bottom of the bag? That's what I mean by dust. They're giving her a long lasting pain injection after the spay.

Mom to:

Fernando

Benny

RIP Arthur
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Newborn Pup

Thats what I use too! I use a measuring cup to get it out so I guess I've never dealt with the dust. I actually put one buns 1/4 cup in a Slimcats treat ball to make her forage a little more. They both get about 2 cups of salad at night too though, so pellets are more of a treat than a needed source of nutrition.
ETA rabbit.org/faq/sections/diet.html#mature has a good base for dietary needs, I go by that

Last edited by LolaLala; 11-02-2011 at 09:33 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Betta Bomb

lol pellets are like a treat to my bunny too. She acts like she's starved half the time and I end up pouring the pellets on her head bc she can't wait to get at them!!

Slimcat balls are the BESTEST!!! On a clean floor they should provide bunny with stimulation and heppiness ^.^ (My bunny, however, learned how to break the cover off by slamming it on the floor like some caveman and she eats it off the floor in a pile -_-)
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Newborn Pup

Hahaha Purple thats funny! So far Samson (9 month old spayed Lionheadmutt) doesn't really play like that, she actually picked up her first thing every yesterday and it was my dustpan I was reaching for haha. Lady though, she's my new Flemish baby, I imagine she might be a little more...Caveman like
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

If you give other foods like fresh greens and unlimited hay pellets aren't as important as most people think they are. Pellets where originally developed for rabbit breeders who required their rabbits to grow large quickly. Especially in the case of meat breeders, their main concern was not the long term health of the rabbits but instead it was getting them to grow to the desired size in as little time as possible.

This is in interesting article on the topic...

http://www.rabbit.org/journal/3-4/pellets.html

Many rabbit savvy vets are now recommending very limited amounts of pellets or even pellet free diets for pet rabbits.

Your new bunny is adorable, btw. Holland lops are awesome Good luck with her spay!

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Newborn Pup

We're working on Pellet free for Samson, her hay intake has almost doubled since I've halved her pellets and she has much better house bunny behavior, she doesn't dig and chew at the carpet anymore, and she generally seems more active
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Newborn Pup

Lol, peneloppy! I see what you did there
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Playful Pup

aaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Cute!!!!!!