Introduction - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Introduction

Hello everyone...

I'm new. I have three bunnies. Two uppy-ear girls, and one lop boy named Jacub.

I got the two girls as babies at 6 weeks of age, and after about one year of repeated bonding trials I finally got them to be friends. Then I decided to adopt Jacub, and see if I can add him into the mix.

Subsequently both girls have finally bonded with Jacub, but ultimately the girls un-bonded due to jeallously issues.

So now we are in the process of re-bonding everyone together... PHEW!

Here they are:

Frodo

Lego

And Jacub

All three together, back when the girls loved each other

Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Hiya Sandra and welcome to PT! You have some cute bunnies.. Look forward to hearing more about you and the furbabies...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Steph.... actually I was very curious about your crew when I saw your avitar pic.

Do you have a trio there? Or is it a quad... counting your sick boy Harvey?
If so, how did you do it.... what exact bonding method did you use, etc.

Thanks
Sandra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:48 PM

Hi Sandra! Welcome to Paw-Talk glad to have you with us, love the pics of your bunnies, so sweet. I like the grey one
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 04:05 PM

Welcom to pt, and your bunnies are super cute :o)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM

wow! What cute bunnies you have!!!

andrea
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:19 PM

Very gorgeous! I love the B&W picture - they look so happy together. Hope they will be again very soon.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 01:41 AM

Awww, those are some great pics!

Know that bonding bunnies takes a lot of patience. Millimi (another PT member) has been trying for at least a month now to bond her two bunnies and hasn't had a whole lot of success.

Having your boy fixed, or your girls fixed may make the process smoother. Are any of them fixed?

Steph (Purplebunny) most likely has some excellent advice, too .

Welcome!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone.... =)

Velvetrabbit, yup. each of my bunnies are altered. The girls I had done as soon as they turned 6 months, and Jake was already fixed when I adopted him.

I can't wait to hear from purplebunny! =)

As it is... right now when I get home from work I gather all my kids up and we go out on the back deck. All the outside noises (birds, people, dogs, car, etc.) help to keep my agressor (Lego) a bit under better control. I also have Lego on a harness, just to inhibit her a bit more. Each of my girls will groom each other... Frodo (my sweet girl) is an absolute angle... she loves giving kisses. However, when she stops, and goes to hop away Lego always goes in for a nip. We use the car ride method as well... just haven't used it yet on this dating session.

I have bonded rabbits three times in the past. Frodo to Lego (VERY difficult bond... took 1 year), Frodo to Jacub (took about a week... she's such a doll, and he's soo sweet too), and Lego to Jacub (took about 1.5 months). But hearing other bonding stories always gives you something new to consider and think about. I know that it just takes time, and that it can be going badly each day consecutively for months and then something changes in their attitude overnight, and blammo.. they are getting along better than ever. But I still love reading how other people go about it, and the techniques they use etc.

Thanks for all the replies and warm welcome!!

P.S. I also have one kitty... Jasmine... she'll be 9 years old in July

And these pics are from last night's date

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bears
Thanks Steph.... actually I was very curious about your crew when I saw your avitar pic.

Do you have a trio there? Or is it a quad... counting your sick boy Harvey?
If so, how did you do it.... what exact bonding method did you use, etc.

Thanks
Sandra
Hiya Sandra, I have 4 bunnies, Amber, Jazzy and Billy all live outside in a shed, and Harvey is indoors at the moment as he has been quite sick, he has had 2 absesses removed..
As Bex (thanks) said I do have some advice.. I have had Amber and Jasmine since they were 6 weeks old that was in December 2000, in February 2002 they had a big fight, and both got bitten ears, so I had them both spayed, they then got on fantastic!
I got Billy in January of this year, and just kept them separated for a few hours and then introduced them, they get on great, except for Jazzy getting jealous of Billy's love for Amber.. I got Harvey 3-4 days later, and they have been fighting, especially him and Billy, Jazzy also has her moments with Harvey..
What I intend to do is when Harvey is better, I will get Billy neutered, and then Harvey a few weeks later.. I will slowly introduce them again to the girls, and hope that this works..
If you need any more help just ask on this thread!