Just for Veggers!!!! (and anyone else who wants to see pics!) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Just for Veggers!!!! (and anyone else who wants to see pics!)

Ok I did my photo shoot for you!!! They were both sleepy so they didn't do any great things but they look cute just the same!
First up is Molly!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

And now it's shadow's turn...excuse her messy messy coat!!! Her shedding is almost done!

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:20 PM

Aww...they're so cute and FLUFFY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Thanx Mandie!!!! I love them!!!!!

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:56 PM

Awww, thanks for posting Carmen! They are adorable!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

your welcome steph....and come chat in the chat room!!!!!

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 12:12 AM

They're so beautiful! I love them
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 09:48 AM

Carmen, I want one! They are so, so, cute and precious. I have always wanted a bunny but then people ask me, "Why don't you just get a cat"? I love cats but there is something about bunnys. Carmen, what made you choose a bunny as a pet and what are their personalities like?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:00 AM

Aww! They are so cute!!!! 8)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Aww! They're adorable!! ^_^

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Tarzan Mama of Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
Carmen, I want one! They are so, so, cute and precious. I have always wanted a bunny but then people ask me, "Why don't you just get a cat"? I love cats but there is something about bunnys. Carmen, what made you choose a bunny as a pet and what are their personalities like?
Denise...You are sooo going to become part of the bunny world soon, I can tell!!! To me if you are going to compare a rabbit to any type of animal I'd compare it to a dog more so than a cat. Each rabbit has different personalities, and the breed can determine the type of personality they have as well. My girls aren't as affectionate as what Rodger was but they are still gorgeous and lovable. Everytime I walk out into their room Molly climbs her cage for a chin rub and shadow starts flipping around and chewing on her bars to greet me. They both know their name and they will play chase with me when they are out of their cage (I touch the back of their back and they go scooting around the room and wait for me to come and touch them again) and give me a nice show of bunny flips and hops when they are out! They are gorgeous and I wouldn't trade them for anything!!! They will sit and snuggle with me but after about 15 minutes they've had enough and want to go play.

If you are considering getting a rabbit get a boy! They are the sweetest!!! I would do anything to have another day with Rodger. He was an only rabbit (and our only pet) for a big part of his life. He would follow us around the house and he would literally sit on my feet and wait for me to drop food when I was cooking. We eat on the lounge a lot and we had to put him away when we were eating dinner cause he would run and jump straight onto our dinner plates for a bite to eat. He would drive everyone crazy by getting on the back of the lounge and licking our necks and biting hair out of the back of our head ( that is a HUGE sign of affection from a rabbit). He would lie on my stomach and watch movies with me and he'd have a snooze with me too. It was nothing for me to fall asleep on the lounge and wake up to Rodger snoozing on my stomach. He never chewed cords, he only chewed carpet until we get him neutered and he was the most loving bunny ever! Everyone wanted Rodger and boys are just so sweet generally, I don't think it was just him. I've never owned a cat so I can't compare, Stephanie could help you out there. The more time you spend with your rabbits the more you get out of them. I have a friend who owns two rabbits....the older one, Onky, will play hide and seek with her four year old. One their past rabbits, rabbit, used to sleep under their bed with them every night. I can't ever see me being without a rabbit to be honest with you. Every household should have at least one!!!! If someone asks alex what his favourite pet has been since living with me he says Rodger straight away. He loves the others but he didn't realise how affectionate and great rabbits were to own and he loves Molly, shadow, and Biscuit but Rodger pulled on his heart strings. We spent over $2 000 trying to keep that rabbit alive and Alex just kept telling me to spend what needed to be spent. I asked Alex if we split up would he own a pet and he said he'd own a rabbit. I can go on all day about how great they are, they are great pets!!!!

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 08:08 PM

I think that rabbits are also like cats -- constantly grooming, can be very aloof if they want to be, but affectionate as well. It really depends on the bunny.

I've had some friends who have males and they can't get them to settle down, even after neutering. Then, they got females and the females are saints, at least compared to the males. And I've seen it vice versa.

I think rabbits are like most pets, the more time you spend with them (the younger, the better), the more likely they are to be the kind of pet you want based on how you interact with them.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 08:26 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I think both genders are precious...I personally prefer females, though, to tell you the truth. But that's mostly 'cause I currently have two girls =)

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 09:13 PM

Hi, Bleety here...

Wow, is that my long lost cousin or brother or sister??!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:57 AM

Wow, they do look similar! Took me a while to realize that the first image was a re-post!