Katanga needs our help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy Katanga needs our help!

Hi Everyone,

Katanga is a very special bunny who has a very special mommy. His mommy is named Haviva and she is the Founder and Executive Director of Rabbit Rescue Inc., Canada's largest rabbit rescue.

Katanga is in a fight for his life right now, dealing with some very serious medical issues and his treatment is going to be very costly, about $5000. Haviva is doing all she can financially to help him - even going through her house and selling everything she can, but $5000 is a lot of money and it is needed immediately. Haviva has refused to take any money from Rabbit Rescue, insisting that money be used for abandoned bunnies in need. She is determined to find a way to get Katanga the help he needs.

So all of her friends at Rabbit Rescue have rallied together and created a website where people can go to read about Katanga and to offer support to him and Haviva. You can also purchase items for sale and donate money to help.

Haviva has devoted her life to helping hundreds of bunnies and because of this, we all want to be there to help her in her time of need as well. Please take a moment to visit the website and help out in any way you can. Katanga and Haviva thank you from the bottom of their hearts!

http://www.haviva.ca/katanga/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 05:25 PM

Oh my how sad. Thank you for the link and for spreading the word. I'm checking out the site now.

"On the difficult journey, on the ultimate difficult journey, go with me...please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I LOVE YOU SO."

Prayers for them all - Sue
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM

I've placed a link on my site for Katanga's fund and hopefully we will help to contribute even more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Rodentologist

I saw this last night and my heart soared for Katanga.

I went and hugged Bess, and she boxed me for my impertinence.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tags
assistance, medical, rabbit