Litter box training - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Litter box training

Hi all...

I went to the pet store yesterday and bought Brandy a corner litter box... she absolutely hates it! Instantly she moved it from the spot where she likes to use the washroom... I put it back, but she kept on moving it... any ideas?

I don't mind cleaning her cage, except that she doesn't like the scoop I use and tries to take it out of my hand... I thought the litter box would be better, as I could just take it out and empty it, but she does not like it!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Newborn Pup

Hi! My bunny also hates it when I clean out her litter, so I make sure that she's off on a stroll when I do it. When she comes back, I like to think that she's all surprised and grateful to find a clean litter...

Oh, and she would also move her litter around all the time, so I drilled holes into the sides and tied it to the cage. Now, she's used to it: she doesn't try to move it around anymore and she uses it diligently!

Good luck!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Playful Pup

Red face Rabbit potty training

I just recently started potty training my bunny rabbit too. She hated her pan in the begginning she would lay in it!. So i just kept an eye on her each day and saw where she went pee and poop which corner and put her pan in that corner and woolah she started using it. Mine came with a holder to hold it in the corner. I agree its a good idea maybe drill a hole in the side and tie it to the cage. Before you know it your rabbit will get used to it. I usually let my rabbit run around when i clean his cage he loves it. Than hes not in the way when i clean. Happy rabbit potty training. Good luck rabbits can be stubborn

Mother of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cadbury
Sassie

3 Fishies
Louie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

There is nothing wrong with a rabbit laying in his/her litter box. If it is clean, it actually is a very nice place to relax!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Playful Pup

I agree if its clean but my rabbits used to do it right after he dirtied it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
There is nothing wrong with a rabbit laying in his/her litter box. If it is clean, it actually is a very nice place to relax!

Mother of:

Bear
Cadbury
Sassie

3 Fishies
Louie

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

From stuff i have read, it seems you can litter train a rabbit quite well by having his litter box filled with half litter and half hay. I guess Rabbits like to munch and poop at the same time.
here is wher I came across this info - http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/mor...rboxtrain.html
Just means you'd have to clean it more often when they start out useing it i supose.

Adoption. Is the living option.
Can't Afford The Vet? Can't Afford the Pet!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

yeah, pretty much.
my rabbit was easy to potty train, so i am luck.
when i got her i noticed she always pooped in the same spot, so i put a litter box there with aspen chips in it, and lined it with some day. she has never failed to use it, unless i move her cage somewhere then she will potty in a diffrent place, just to tell me she wants her litter box over there. like, when i first started letting her have run of the house i didnt even bother with the litter boxes until she showed me where she wanted to go at. i just put the box there and that was the end of it.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks all for the advice -- I think I might have to tie it down as suggested.

Tags
litter box, litter boxes, litter train, pet store, potty train, potty training