Lola's Home!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Talking Lola's Home!!!

Hey everyone!! I got my new bunny on Friday!! We are pretty sure she is a girl so her name is Lola!! She is the cutest. its funny to watch her cuz she keeps trying to figure out how to get out of her cage so she'll stand on her hind legs and look around. She also loves to lay in her litter box! She practically uses it as a bed. She also seems to think it will make her taller and help her get out of the cage! lol. I dont have any pictures of her yet but hopefully sometime next week I will cuz I think that next weekend my parents are getting me a digi cam for my b-day.

I have just a few questions. How can we give her a bath or what should we use to clean her cuz the bottom of her feet are pretty dirty? Also is her pee supposed to be a bright neon orange color?

Anywayz. I am so excited! she is the cutest!! She isnt a lop bunny which is what I wanted to begin with but I am just as happy with her. She is a mix between a NewZealand(sp?) and a Rex but she is as cute as can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 09:03 PM

Congratulations! My rabbits pee has always been pretty dark, almost orange. Just make sure she's got plenty of fresh water and I'm sure she'll be fine. Also, just fyi, if you give her lots of fresh veggies and fruit she'll probably drink alot less water. I don't know why that didn't occur to me, but it scared me when my bun was hardly drinking, but then I got it, lol. Congrats again, I can't wait to see her!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 09:06 PM

Congrats! She sounds like a cutie, I can't wait to see pics of her!

My guess would be that she has had lots of carrots if her pee is bright orange. But that's just a guess.
Where did you get her?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 10:04 PM

Congratulations!

She sounds sweet!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Well we haven't given her any veggies yet cuz we heard you are supposed to wait til they are a little older. She is probably just a little over 6 weeks or so....But she deffinately drinks a lot and poops a lot!! And she eats all of her food. And I change her water everyday and give her new food and clean the cage....We got her from this lady in Amarillo that has lots of animals and she is the same lady that my boyfriend got his dog makenzie from.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yep, no veggies for such a little thing!

Congrats on getting her, I can't wait for pictures!!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 07:33 AM

Congrats!!! Can't wait for pics!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 01:00 PM

Congrats! and Pictures are a MUST!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2003, 01:12 AM

Hey Gecko, how's Lola doing? Any pictures yet?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I have been really busy haven't been able to update much....she is doing pretty good. She is soo funny. when she hops she does like this little twisty thing and she'll do it all around her cage. She still likes to go to the bathroom everywhere. We had to find something else to put her food on cuz she would always turn over and play with the little bowl we had. she is growing!! She is getting big already!!! I should have pics up next week. I got my digicam this weekend.....so ill probably mess with it next weekend when I have time and try to get some up. if I can get her to hold still!! She also has very sharp nails!! when i am holding her and she wants away she tries to jump and it hurts!! I have a scratch on my chest from where she was trying to crawl up me. She also likes to chew on everything. She will chew on my clothes or on the newspaper under her cage or the carpet or whatever and I have to try to stop her....but she seems seems to be pretty happy although she is always looking for a way out of her cage.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-2003, 11:19 PM

I am glad she is doing well! I cannot wait to see pictures!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 04:51 PM

Rabbit urine can vary in color - from milky white, to bright red and orange. It's the body's way to get rid of excess calcium and minerals. It's usually seen in rabbits that are fed legume hay (like alfalfa) instead of grass hays when being fed alfalfa pellets.

Big rabbits are the best though, in my opinion I'm sure she's gonna be a big loving girl when she's all grown up Post lots of pics as soon as you can!!

Tags
grass hay, hind legs, litter box