A loppy. I want one. - Page 4 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Rodentologist

Actually, none of the grids in the new boxes are the same size. Some of them are the giant holed ones, and the other are 8 holes wide, which is actually 1.5" across instead of 1". If you have a small bun, that may be a problem. (The originals are 9 holes wide)

However, the front of the box should show the type of grids inside -- the three Targets near me have blue and chrome grids still in the "original" size. You can also order the appropriate sized ones from Walmart:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4433076

If you get them "site to store" there's no shipping fee, and they have purple, pink, white, black, and chrome.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Ahh I see, I didn't notice that. I didn't get them for the bunnies anyways. I have like 6 boxes of the old ones stored at my parents house that hopefully my dad will be bringing over to the apartment next time he visits, so I didn't have them here to compare.

That's good that Walmart has them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Rodentologist

Yeah, that's what scares me the most -- it's less likely that an average sized rabbit would get stuck in one, but I had a pig nearly strangle herself in a hayrack with similarly sized holes.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE: AHHHH! ;-;
So I had to push off the pick up date for the rabbit till last Friday because i had to run my little Rat to an emergency vet. I WAS FLAKED ON. I bought so much rabbit food and was right about to buy a cage. I was expecting to house this rabbit! Now this women wont even reply to emails. ;-;
If he was bought I hope its a good home!

:--------------------------:
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

So sorry. Hope another lop comes along soon.
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

You will find the perfect one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 03:56 PM

There is one major concern when getting a mini lop. Thats what I have and let me tell you they are so cute!!! However, they do have common problems with ear infections. This is of great concern because the rabbits brain is located right behind the ears. I would make sure to monitor the ears closely. If your rabbit has a high Pasturella titre (the vet will tell you) then I would be even more careful!!

Find a rabbit savvy vet and enjoy!! Lops are bundles of joy!
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetara03 View Post
There is one major concern when getting a mini lop. Thats what I have and let me tell you they are so cute!!! However, they do have common problems with ear infections. This is of great concern because the rabbits brain is located right behind the ears. I would make sure to monitor the ears closely. If your rabbit has a high Pasturella titre (the vet will tell you) then I would be even more careful!!

Find a rabbit savvy vet and enjoy!! Lops are bundles of joy!
That's good to know. I just got my first mini lop, and I hadn't realized they might have special problems.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, ive seen one with a sever head tilt due to inner ear infections. Its so sad.