Luluthelionheadrabbit - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Luluthelionheadrabbit

Hi I just wanted to know if anybody can tell me what my rabbits breed is. If you cannot see the picture then they are both about 4lbs and one if them has sticky up ears and the other one has one up and one down and both of their furs are short and soft and speckled with grey, sandy-coloured and black furs and their heads are squarish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pets 008 - Copy.jpg (37.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg pets 004.jpg (26.4 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well after looking on the internet for ages I think they may be lionheads (without the fur ) but if you think different please let me know
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to paw-talk! Mixed breed maybe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Hey I moved your question to the rabbit section.

Where did you get them? Like urofan said they may just be mixed breeds. Are they related?

The picture's are kind of hard for me to see, especially the one of Scruff, but they don't look like lionheads to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe Holland Lop mixes? What I can see of Scruff's face shape reminds me a lot of a Holland lop. They're the right size to be Hollands as well. They may be mixes which would account for the ears, or some Hollands can have what is called "ear control" which means that they can hold their ears up like a normal rabbit.

Whatever breed they are, they are beautiful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thank you

Well I got them from a family whose children wasn`t looking after them
and the one that says scruff on it was apparently attacked by a dog 2 months before I bought them.

But on google they have a new system where you can drop a photo onto the search bar and the results came up as alot of short-haired lion-heads.

But just to be sure i`m taking them to a vets to see what breed they are.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

And urofan is that your guinea pig? Its cute!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Oh I forgot to add they are brothers
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't know that about google, I'll have to try it sometime! They still don't look like lionheads to me personally, even maneless lionheads, but you never know!

Vets aren't really experts on breeds either, so they'll probably just be giving you a guess. It's still a good idea to get them in for a check up though!

Either way it doesn't really matter what breed they are. Their care will be the same no matter what breed, and whatever they are they are very pretty bunnies. What are their names?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dragonrain; 03-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
is a little "special"

I vote harlequin/lop mixes. They are so cute, I love their colors! I'm glad that you rescued them!

"For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.They are not brethen, they are not underlings; they are other nations caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth."
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

:)

The darker one is called Scruff and the lighter one is Bugsey I also have a actual lion head called Lulu and a holland lop called Lyla who is white and blue. I have some guinea pigs Norm and Sheldon, Norm which I also rescued is a rosette and was the smallest of the litter he got bullied and half his ear was chewed off! But now he`s a happy chubby little piggy and Sheldon was also the smallest of the litter but he was just left by his mother to die but I took him in and now he is also a happy chubby little piggy! And last but not least the tortoises Shelly and Muncher!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pets 002 - Copy.jpg (26.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg pets 006.jpg (24.4 KB, 3 views)
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, that guinea pig is mine. I don't think that the rabbits are Blanc de hotots. I don't know much about rabbit breeds. For all I know, they could be Mini Rex.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Hi, all is good from the vets and I can reveal that they are Mini Lops! But I have some bad news in the pictures above the one titled Norm passed away in the early hours of Friday morning he will be missed sadly. R.I.P. Norm
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM
can't think of one, help

So sorry for your loss

Vicki

Rainbow, Abbles, Carmy, Kissy, Peaches, Cream, (kitties) and Littlebunny boy (elder bunny)

the pic is the last one of my meecee kitty (5/9/89 - 1/9/08)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Newborn Pup

we had a lion head it didnt look like those..the one looks like it has holland lop style ears

Tags
what is my rabbit breed