Matt and James have a new house! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Matt and James have a new house!

Well...bunny real estate is good these days, so Matt and James have moved into a brand new custom house. My dad and I spent 2 weekends completing the project, so now Matty and James live in a 2 foot x 4 foot hutch in my backyard with a sloped roof that's 3 feet high at its tallest point. I was really iffy about them being outside, but I feel much more confident since moving them to the safer, bigger house. And I guess I have to take what I get as compromise from my parents since it's their house. Anyway, the boys live right outside the back patio door from the basement, which is where I live now. So while I sit with my laptop in the living room, I can just turn my head and see out my back door and into the back window of their house.

I will take pictures when I can borrow a camera from a family member. I'm quite proud of the work we did. It's not the most perfect piece of workmanship, but it was a lot of work and turned out pretty much what I wanted. I just need a couple more latches to hold the front doors closed because they're 3 feet tall and having one latch isn't holding the corners quite right.

I've also found a vet who will do checkups and surgery on small animals, and she comes highly recommended by one of my best friends who did high school co-op with various vet clinics.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I posted here. Life has been coming down on me lately, and my bunnies are the only ones keeping me going. I just look in on them every day, play with them when I feel upset or sad, and they make me feel a lot better. Matty's been getting a lot more snuggly with me, and his little nose nudges mean a lot to me and always cheer me up.

How's everyone else doing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
Part of the Pack

I'm glad to hear the real estate market is terrific in your area. I can't wait to see their new home. My next project will also be in real estate. We have recently got Lucky and Molly bonded and hopefully we will be able to have them living together soon.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 AM
Will It Ever Change?

hey long time no see! your new bun home sounds great, can't wait to see it!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

SOunds like a great new house for your rabbits hope to see some pics soon =)

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

Can't wait to see pics of their new house! Zeus and Barnaby should be getting their new cage soon too, but I'm going to order theirs since I know if I tried to build one it would come out horrable! That's cool that you and you and your dad built it, I think that would be a fun project.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Adolescent Pup

Pretty excited to see their new house! I'm going to get Ruby a new cage soon. She has a wire bottom cage (when I first bought it I didn't know wire cages were bad) but I'm also saving for her to get spayed in about two months so..

I'm thinking new cage first, I don't want her paws to hurt a lot.

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:18 PM
can't think of one, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoesque View Post
Pretty excited to see their new house! I'm going to get Ruby a new cage soon. She has a wire bottom cage (when I first bought it I didn't know wire cages were bad) but I'm also saving for her to get spayed in about two months so..

I'm thinking new cage first, I don't want her paws to hurt a lot.
I'd go with the spay first, as you can always put something down on the cage floor, my bunny has wood and hay everywhere except where his toilet is,
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Adolescent Pup

That's true. But she's only about 4 months old. You usually have to wait until they are 6 months. So I have $90 now, and I can make however much it is to spay easy in two months. I clean the house for $20 every week so.. it'll work out.

Miss Ruby Alice -- Mini-lop Rabbit (2.5 years old)

Buddy -- Toy Poodle (9 years old)

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms."

-George Eliot

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Playful Pup

you getting pics soon !!? Can't wait to see them !!!

RsBowden, Thanks for helping me.

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Newborn Pup

Can't wait to see pics...

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

A new bunner house is exciting. I bet they love all the space. It must have been a fun project to do with your dad. I miss doing projects with my dad. Once you get old like me you will see you have very little time to do fun daddy daughter things.
Anyway - I know what you mean about the "kids" keeping you going. Over the years my "kids" always came through for me at the worst of times.
But you have us too! So be sure to check in more often and we can help cheer you up as well.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Pictures of the new house

Matt and James getting cozy in their favorite corner

And Matty hanging out in the little log roll on the second floor.

Another second floor shelf is going in soon. My dad and I have yet to find time together again to build the bedroom box for the bunnies that's going to have a ramp so they can get up on top of it. As it is, Matt's not even using the ramp that's already there, he'd rather play monkey and hop halfway on top of the second floor and then leap on top of the logs.

R.I.P.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

woow!! Love it!!! I'm sure when it's completly finnished it will look fab ^^

Veronica
0.1.0 Budgie- "Lovy"
1.0.0 Siamese Fighting Fish "Jet"
0.2.0 Dogs "Dina & Curra"
0.2.2 Leopard Geckos "Congo, Egypt, Zimbawe & Ghana"

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Will It Ever Change?

wow that looks awesome! you did a great job! i'm jealous lol can't wait to see more!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Dinky Gerbilelbow

WOW that looks great! Do you wanna make me 2 and post them to me lol.

*Carla*
I
my animals!