Me and my bunny - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Me and my bunny

i have a problem with my rabbit, everytime i go to stroke her in her hutch she seems to attack me and bite. when she does this she seems to grunt. i no what grunting means but i just want me and her to get on again.... like it used to be. Sundays i used to get her to come to bed for a lie in she used to love it but i don't know what's going on ?!??!?!

RsBowden, Thanks for helping me.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Miss twiggals.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome to paw talk!

Is your rabbit spayed? It sounds like cage aggression to me, which is very common in unspayed females. Basically it's just her protecting her area. She doesn't want you messing with her 'stuff'.

If she isn't spayed, and not to old already, I would look into getting her spayed because it will decrease her hormone levels which decreases aggression.

If there is anyway for you to let her come out of her cage without touching her, that would prevent you from getting bit. Let her come out on her own instead of sticking your hands/arms into her hutch while she's in there. While she's out of the cage you can clean it and fill her food/water.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Salamander Burgermuffin

Is she spayed? unspayed females can be very moody sometimes..

Try letting her come out of the hutch before petting her? Rabbits can be very paticular about there home. its theres, and they dont like to have visitors
If you can let her come out on her own, if the hutch is raised up you might need a little ramp or something, then once shes out she might be more willing to play.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Adolescent Pup

is she spayed? if not then that could be the problem and also if she has a mate she can be pregnant, cuz female bunnies get very territorial when their pregnant...
awwww i used to do that every sunday too, i would get my rabbits and put them on my bed and watch t.v with them ... they loved it lol.

I LOVE MY BABIES:
OREYO & CARAMELA ( BUNNIES)

( RIP oreyo & caramela i love you
)
COTTEN & CANDY ( PARAKEETS)

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Part of the Pack

Welcome to paw talk!! How old is your bunny? Like others have said...she may need to be spayed. It really helped with our rabbit Molly. We can go in there now and do anything without her lunging at us. We would love to see photos of your rabbit.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks

Thanks for making me feel welcome That has made me happy ?!
Thanks for your advice...i don't particually want to get her spayed because i'm hoping to breed her !? I'm just waiting to save up and get her a new double hutch !!!

I can't let her get out herself because she lives in a hutch on top of a hutch! so that's outta the window lol !!!

Well thank you anyway !!

I hope that i can get it sorted out and maybe time will fix it !!!

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thanks again

All though she attacks me, will she eat her babies if she had any... I really not sure weather to breed her or not.... I'm hoping to breed my guinea-pig !! I really can't wait to get my new hutch.... then i will have an extra one ?!!! BREED BREED BREED joke lol !!! thanks for helping again

I loved getting them in bed with me....it's so relaxing !!!!

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Hey.... i liked to know that you would like to see my b unny ..... but i'm not sure that i no how to upload them

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

OK...i have worked out how to upload pictures!!!

Miss twiggals.

Tupence.

Burt

Ruby.

Billy.

Princess

Simpkinn
(gone Missing)

Bubbles

Dillie R.I.P
go to
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Part of the Pack

Breeding bunnies is too scary for me to think about. Especially when you start losing the babies. Usually the first litter doesn't make it. It would be pretty sad so make sure you can handle that as well as doing lots of research before hand. Good luck with your decision.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

How old is your rabbit? Females should be breed for the first time before they get too old, because after a certain age if they are not breed their pelvic bones can fuse, which makes it very difficult if not impossable to safely have babies. If you breed a female for the first time when she's older, even older than a year old, then your risking the life of the female as well as the babies.

Also, I don't recommend breeding if you don't know the history of both of the potential parents. If you just got them from a pet store, then how do you know they're not carriers for genetic diseases that could be passed onto their babies?

There are thousands of rabbits in shelters already, by breeding your rabbit your taking potential homes away from rabbits sitting in shelters.

Also, some studies have shown that 2/3, or about 80% of unspayed female rabbits die by their 5th birthday due to uterine cancer that could have been completly prevented by spaying.

Really thing carefully about breeding her. And if you decide too, make sure to do plently of research so you know what to expect before the babies arrive.

Tags
pet store