Photos! Meet JackPot! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Meet JackPot!

Kind of a long story but in the end I came home with a bunny who I named JackPot. Well UHM. Ive been half heartily thinking "oh a rabbit, how nice" since i almost took that loppy in.
I saw this on craigslist...

Black bunny with brown feet needs home.
Moving to Arkansas. If you want the cages with it its $20.

I got bored and ended up texting the owners. I was terribly doubtful id even want this rabbit. I had no idea what to expect.
Also I never have a ride but today Jordan called me out of the blue and asked if id like to go anywhere he had nothing to do. So magically it worked out that wed meet them somewhere.
I was hesitant, just because i wanted to see the rabbit doesn't mean i wanted to adopt it. Well, wrong. I did want it.
And or Jordan wasnt very helpful "OMG A BUNNNYY!!! BUNNNYY".

I chose the longer red metal cage.
Its about 36inches. Its still small! He will be getting a better one anyway.
Its scares me but this little one is not interested in hay. It took to the timothy cubes...but I have my worry hed never had hay!
I overloaded him with cardboard toys and wood chews I think.
I also gave him my baby toy. Its a small blue/white peter cotton stuffy with a windup music box in it.

Hes very friendly and hes already hoping around my room freely even though ive only had him for an hour or so. Haha.
Im not sure why but his ears made me think of rabbit jumping up at you when you win something or like a magic show.
And someone says "JackPot!" cheerfully. Im odd maybe.

Hes supposedly full grown. I have my doubts.
What kind of rabbit do you think he is?
Im really sorry about the terrible photos! But its the only ones I could catch him in. The other just had body parts of him. :C

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Amateur Zookeeper

Oh my god, he is so cute! I wish I could just go somewhere and fall in love and end up getting a new pet I am not a bunny expert so i don't know what kind he is, oh wait...he must be a cute bunny!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Betta Bomb

Dunno the breed but congrats on hitting the "Jackpot'!!! Hes super adorable, I have a weakness for black animals, so he's really cute^.^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Hee hee. Thanks. I did hit the JackPot didnt I.
OH WOW. So...Jack was in his cage and I let RayRay my blind chin out to run...HE REALLY SCARES JACK. Jack is fine, just spooked.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Betta Bomb

Yeah, generally bunnehs are afraid of new confusing things
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

I went scavenging through our terrible gross and unused garage.
I found a doggy crate we used for pups! YEAH!
I also found a metal mesh panel that is great for blocking off areas...like my already chewed on computer!~

I NEED TO GO PET SHOPPING GGRR.
I wanna find a way to put a new level in his cage too. I was thinking of buying some soft wood shelves and have them held in with big washer and screws like my chins cage. Im gunna find a way though!

Also...fun ways to decorate bunny cages? His cage looks so gloomy with what i have. :C

I have no idea how long he was in the car so we could meet, hes almost drank a about 2 3rds of his water. HE WONT TOUCH THE HAY! Should I be worried? Im going to buy him carrots and soak them in water a little tomorrow to help him...he seems fine and is enjoying his big cage. He loves to shove his aspen into a bunny cup. Theres another thing for the list. :O

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Rodentologist

It's fairly normal for him not to touch the hay if he's never had it. Some rabbits aren't sure what it is. You can withhold pellets from him for short periods of time in order to encourage him to eat. The bowl you've got in the back heaping with pellets is way too many pellets, though. That's enough pellets to last 2 weeks! He will chow them all down instead of hay, though, and it's easy for them to become obese that way.

Also, take the bedding out of the bottom of the cage if you want to litterbox train him. Right now the box and the cage are both good places to pee and he won't be able to differentiate between the two.

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Very cute! Congratulations! With those ears going in different directions, he looks like a lop cross.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Betta Bomb

Line wherever he rests with hay and while he's down he might decide to nibble while he waits for you to bring treats. Carrots shouldnt be given in large amounts, try dark green leafy veggies.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Well he ended up eating the proper amount of pellets for a bunny within an hr. Wow he likes his fatty foods.
After that I decided not to fill up the bowl until the end of the day. It seems to be working. Hes been gnawing his hay very shyly. Im also going out soon to decorate his cage and bla bla bla...
Are there products/items your bunnys like?

He also believes hes a cat! He wonders about just like a little kitty and loves to sit on my counters near my window sill and stare out at the world.
He really loves to climb near my window and perch next to my work desk.
I cant pet him, he flinches terribly and i think he has poor eyesight, but he will come up to us and walk on everyone...like a cat.
Hes also has pushed me with his nose a few times haha. Hes very cocky.
"Hey biggen! Your in the way!"
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

JackPot is super cute. I love the way his ears stick out in different directions! I have to push Teddy's ears down and pretend he is part lop.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Betta Bomb

Hahaha!! Kathy me too!! It look so cute!

My mini-rex devours her food in a matter of an hour or so too, maybe Jackpot will learn to stretch his portion. I keep them in built pens and they are just blocked with random toys like most cat toys from the dollar store, a few bunny made toys but they prefer ones that rattle so I went into the baby isle and bought up all the rattles, old phonebooks,and cardboard boxes. Seriously, this has saved tonnes of money their easy to please. Bunnies dont have good eyesight anyway, they get by relying on sound and touch.