It sounds like your rabbit has fly strike. The little white bugs are usually fly maggots. The flies are attracted to areas on the rabbit that are wounded or infected, or areas where the rabbit isn't cleaning very well. They lay their eggs on these areas which hatch into maggots. The maggots will literally eat into the rabbit and they produce a toxin that can cause the rabbits to go into shock.
Probably your rabbit got injured somehow, it sounds like it got infected, then flies found the wound. Fly strike is deadly, you should take your rabbit to the vet ASAP. You can try to pick the maggots off yourself - but the rabbit should still see a vet, especially if he has an infection that needs to be treated.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.