Momma Bunny question - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Smile Momma Bunny question

Hi!!
I have a girl bunny, who we suspect is pregnant (mr boy bunny was a bad boy and got to her while we were gone at my brothers boyscout rafting). Anyways, it has been past 30 days, and she has made a straw nest and pulled out enought fur to make a whole other rabbits, I am just worried, b/c she was due on monday, and it is wednesday. My friend (a rabbit breeder) says that sometimes larger breed rabbits go over a week or something like that, but I haven't read anything like that online. ALso, I was wondering, b/c I couldn't find any nest boxes, I put in a cat carrier for her to use, but she is choosing a place in the corner of her cage. So , b/c I didn't want her to have them on wire, I put a large square board in that part of her cage and them put the cat carrier over in the corner, but this mornign she has the cat carrier shoved to the other side of her cage and has made a nest in the corner on the board, should I leave it there or should I keep trying to put it in the cat carrier?

Also, I am not sure if she really is gonna have a litter or if this is a phantom pregnancy? She has been carrying straw in her mouth (it is sooo cute) and has made a nest and pulled fur and everything, but she doesn't seem to be getting any bigger or anything. PLus we are not actually sure if anything happened the day he got in with her. We were gone from about in the morning ot about 4 in the afternoon, we are not sure how long he was in with her though.

Any advice would be mostly needed. Thanks a bunch, and just want to let everyone know that we DID NOT plan on having a litter and contributing to rabbit overpopulation, it was a accident. So thanks in advance for and help or advice I am completely open to ur opinions.

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

Sponsored Links
Advertisement