more rabbit bonding problems!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2006, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

more rabbit bonding problems!!!!

Alex was acting submissive to Ryo.... and things were working well!

until today! alex was bulling Ryo. and to much of my suprise Ryo was not overly mad at him. she was not fighting back for the longest. i kept seperateing alex, getting him away from Ryo. and he kept coming back. and when he stoped, then Ryo decided to try to attack him, so shortly after i put them up. this whole thing lasted about 30 minutes, and they have been fine for about an hour together. i dont know what has came over alex. suddenly he wants to be alpha. there was lots of fur pulling today. more today than there has been the whole time i have been putting them together!
saturday it will be a month of having Alex, and three weeks of trying to bond them! i think this is going to be one of those bonds that last 3 months! i hope not....
im just soo discouraged right now. i dont know what i am doing wrong, if its me, alex, Ryo, all three.......
i dont know!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

ive thought of something else to try.
change cages every other day. alex in ryo's cage for a couple of days, then ryo in alex's cage.
also, a few mintues at a time serval times during the day on the bed. and 1 hour in the bathroom.

i really hope this works!! im am getting so upset. i know i just need to relax.
ahhh must stay zen.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

i have a book that suggests putting them in the same carrier and taking them on a car ride - i never tried it though

the laundry room worked for my buns
i also put them on the bed - my bed is pretty high so they didn't want to jump off and i would bounce the bed slightly anytime they went for each other
they eventually would chill out and watch tv - i would have something soothing on like National Geographic (i'd recommend March of the Penguins or my personal favorite Milo & Otis)

yes, zen is good - patience is key
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

if i put them both in a carrier, id be taking one to the vet to get stitched back up! nooooo way i am trying that one.
yeah mine are actually doing better.
im the main problem, im always sooo stressed out and nervous, so it looks like things are worse than they really are to me, and that makes the buns nervous.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

that's why i never tried the carrier thing either!
they'll be in that carrier for 5 minutes while you're trying to get out the door - can we say Rogaine for Bunnies?

i'm glad i'm not the only one who thought that was a bad idea...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I did the car thing once and it actually did work . But they (Stash and Elvis) hadn't gotten into any horrible fights to begin with...I would never put Sparkie and Elvis in a carrier together as I know they'd try to kill eachother.

But like I said, it can work.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:16 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

that's good to know that it's not a lost cause!
i got that idea from the first bunny book i bought and the book hasn't failed me yet - i guess i should have more faith
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

after they stop fighting so much i'll try it out

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Newborn Pup

My 2 bunnies (male and female) fought terribly when the male became "mature". I then decided to neuter my male (Eeyore) and within 2 weeks, they were cuddling, licking each other, and never leaving each other's side.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Suffers from Title Envy

mine are both sexual altered, so thats not my problem.
they have there good days together and there bad days

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Part of the Pack

it'll all work out in time. i know waiting is the worst part! someday you'll back and say, "remember when Alex and Ryo don't get along too well?! and now they are best friends!"

2 crazy little girl bunnies:
Ninnles &
Luna ...and... 2 beautiful and wonderful rattles:

Pixie & Mischief... and... 1 sweet little chinchilla
Neo... and last ~ but not least ~ 7 crazy cats & kittens:
Dorian, Ana, V, Evie, Dantes, Maggie, & Sparrow