My Boys Charlie and Frank - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:03 PM
nikky

Question My Boys Charlie and Frank

: Two of my bunnies charlie and frank (the boys) they are best of friends they play all day together, they do this jumping thing i dont know what it is but its funny. for about a week or so frank has not been letting charlie play, eat or go near him, Charlie has lost some weight, I took him to the vet just to see what was the matter with frank and he did not know. I suggested to him would it be in the best intrest if i took Charlie away from frank to eat, he replyed very fast with a NO!!!! The reason for this is because Frank will just keep thinking he is the boss. I thought this would only happen if one of them was older than the other or one had been with me longer but they are brothers, and were bought on the same day. Im getting real worried about Charlies health does any one have any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Have they been neutered? Boys and even some girls do not get on well together once puberty starts.. Both my boys have been, and they still have their moments, but do get on much better than before.. Maybe ask your vet about it? Keep us informed..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:41 PM
nikky

yeah they are neuterted. i can only hope it gets better charlie does no look good. if it comes to it im just going to have to seperate them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

My 2 girls are sisters and out of the blue had a massive fight.. I had to get them both spayed, it happened when they were about 2 years old..

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:55 PM
nikky

my girls are spayed as well and nana is 7 weeks older than baby and nana is like babys mum she takes such good care of her. makes sure baby is worm at night with lots of hugs. they are so cute. do you think that i should just take Charlie away or let him get a little meaner at Frank.What to do......What to do...

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Where do they live? Is it together? Maybe try and separate them if you can.. Put Frank with one of the girls, and Charlie with another, then swap them around.. Just see what happens, I did this when I got the 2 boys..

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM
nikky

the two boys are indoors roaming and the girls a in a 2metre by 2 metre housing outside as they are not potty trained but during the day the boys are with the girls outside.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I two rabbits and I have a double cage, a big cage that is like two rooms with a doorway in the middle. Sometimes they like to be by themselves and they will each take over half the cage and just visit each other. Because of the doorway, they can spend as much time together as they want. They seem happy with the arrangement and I think it helps to keep them from fighting.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
nikky

that sounds great, ive got a guy around the corner who makes cages and he built my girls pen and my boys pen but ill get a quote for something like that.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My rabbits are male and female and so I'm not sure your rabbits would react the same. But with a double cage, you can always wire up the doorway if you need to and they can still have each other for companionship.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 08:08 PM
nikky

thanks for your help, my charlie is getting more now and i guess it was just a phase for them as they grow but im thinking about the double cage hard.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Playful Pup

Maybe they were just in the process of establishing the rules, and once they get that sorted out they'll be fine. I heard it's good to pair a dominant bunny with a submissive bunny - anyway, i guess it depends on how submisive Charlie is. If he doesn't like being pushed around, things might not work out.

We all love animals. Why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 09:59 PM
nikky

thanks for all your advise.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2005, 10:01 PM
nikky

ive orded the double cage thing its 3metres by 1.5metres so its big enough for them to have there own space. i get it in 3 weeks only cost $150 au dollars. cheap as

Tags
potty train, potty trained