my brother and sister......... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

my brother and sister.........

want to get a rabbit and im trying to do some research on them...(im more of a reptile/ferret person lol)..could you give me links to good caresheets/websites for good info on rabbits..also what kind of rabbit would be good for them?what kind of cages do you use?thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Salamander Burgermuffin

rabbit.org is a great starting point

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

ive been reading mostly on that site has some good info.........thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Adolescent Pup

I have a cubes and coroplast cage and I highly recommend them. Go to www.cavycages.com for ideas. Mine is a 2 x 4 and big enough for Jax to hop around and have fun. Good luck!
~Jennifer

~ MY ZOO ~
2 shelties - Blaze & Pandy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1 orange tabby - Max

2 guinea pigs - Peaches and Calli
1 chipmunk - Theodore (Teddy)

RIP Pixie

Xander

Jax
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 11:09 AM

the main thing is that they get PLENTY of information BEFORE they get the rabbits, I've seen LOTS and LOTS of unwanted bunnies in our shelters in the UK where they have been bought as presents for children, and the children have become bored of them, and then the parents can't be bothered either, so they get dumped

Rabbits are long term pets that can live up to 7 years or more, and they need more loving and money than you can actually imagine they need, like all other small pets, they're not just to be put in cages for show, they need exercise, training, love and attention and LOTS and LOTS of hay.

This subject is dear to me because I run my own forum for rabbit and guinea pig owners (in the UK).. and we hear so many times about rabbits needing homes, or rabbits dying because they are just not cared for properly.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

o i know........thats why im researching right?lol...i have a ferret,hamster,dog,6 cats,ball python,1 leopard gecko,2 bearded dragons,pondfish,pondfrogs-tadpoles,and 1 painted turtle and 2 red eared sliders........i love caring for all of them and i would never give them away........
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 06:11 PM

I didn't mean you to take offence, honestly, I just wanted to be sure

x
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

i know if anyone is talking about wanting a reptile(other all reptile forums lol) and theyre talking about getting one soon or dont know how to take care of there pets they already have or ask about breeding theyre pets i make sure i tell them the commitment of the pet and all that stuff lol...........

Tags
ball python, bearded dragon, bearded dragons, eared slider, eared sliders, guinea pig, leopard gecko, red eared slider, red eared sliders