My bunnies love the AC! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rabbit Discussion All things floppy.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

My bunnies love the AC!

I have a funny story!

Zeus and Barnaby are in the same cage now - bonding went well to say the least and they're best buds already No fighting or anything - I was lucky.

But anyways, two nights ago I woke up to Zeus grunting. He does that a lot, but it was kind of weird for him to do it in the middle of the night. I figured he was just being a pain in the butt like he usually is. But then I hear another noise that didn't sound like Zeus, so I'm thinking that maybe it was Barnaby? And at this time I'm getting worried thinking that maybe they got in a fight or something, so I got up and sat where I could watch them for like 2 hours and no fighting - they were cuddling being as sweet as can be to each other. So I finally went back to bed.

They were perfectly normal the next day.

Then last night, they did it again! I was going crazy trying to figure out what was getting them all worked up. But I think I finally figured it out! At night we put the AC on sleep mode, so it turns on when the room gets to hot but then turns off again on its own when it cools down. Every time the AC turned off is when they would start with the noises! I don't know if they got use to the noise of the AC being on or if the slight temp increase bothers them - but everytime without fail that the AC went off they would start grunting (Zeus usually does that to get my attention).

I could just picture them being like "It went off again mom! Turn it back on we want it on!" Silly bunnies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 AM

that's super cute!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That is really funny! Spoiled little bunnies.

I am jealous that they love each other already. I am going go up and work on the girls in a few minutes.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I'm sooooo thankful that the bonding went so well! I think I had some serously good luck with these two because they were friends almost imedently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

That is fantastic! Oliver and Ophelia bonded in like a day - but they were brother and sister and always could see each other.

I think I am going to be able to bond Teddy to Oliver and Ophelia before I can get Penelope bonded. I tried for a minute tonight with Teddy and Ophelia. I thought that his hormones were down enough. They weren't but it was rather promising!

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Aww they sound like "spoiled lil bunnies" hehe .... P.S. I'm glad the bonding went so well. :0)

<3My "Fur" Kids<3
*Rascal, Avalanche: Doggy's*
~Dixon Chance: Cat~
<>Fortora Farms Grey Arrow: Mini Colt<>
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Mine took like 3 months to bond. Happy it went well for you. One of my bunny will actually start thumping when a cell phone goes off or something.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Spoiled much?

Stephanie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Haha yeah - My bunnies are spoiled rotten!

Quote:
One of my bunny will actually start thumping when a cell phone goes off or something.
Barnaby thumps too - which suprised me at first because Zeus almost never does! But Barnaby, you look at him the wrong way and he'll thump at you!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Yeah the one I got when he was a baby never thumped until he met his lady. She showed him how to thump but his is so weak. Dede's (the female) thumping can be so loud and annoying but him you can barely hear anything HAHAHAH